what knife were you carrying when you got hitched?!

6860717097_6d233950d8.jpg

I had my lucky stretch in my pocket. I just sent it back to Spyderco for a lil' TLC. Hope I get it back safe and sound. :thumbup:

This time, my Benchmade Kulgera.

11+(7).JPG

First time, my Christian Fletcher Redeemer.

Last edited:
I don't know yet, because my girlfriend has offered to exchange small gifts in lieu of rings, and she has suggested mine ought to be a custom gentleman's folder of some sort.

I am so damn lucky.

I wore a kilt. So, naturally, I had a sgian dubh in my sock. Nice little piece made by a fellow named Adriaan Gerber. 1095, 4" blade, 8" overall, African blackwood handle with nickle silver bolsters.

Great day.

Hey Schweet...that is an excellent pic. And, how can anyone beat a Spydie?
sonny

I went with the trusty Mnandi and Small Insingo combo:

MnandiSmInsingo.jpg

If I'm wearing a suit this is what I have on me.

When I got married, I was dirt-poor. I bought several Frost Knives with an LED light in the handle for all my Groomsmen. I might have actually had an A. G. Russell damascus lockback, though, as I did buy that for myself at some point. I wasn't as into knives back then.

I have carried the following in weddings: Benchmade 850 Pearl, Benchmade KOTM Blue 940, Spyderco Kopa Gold-lip Pearl, Chris Reeve Mnandi with Ironwood.

CS Large Espada.

Honestly, on my wedding day we used my Himalayan Imports 18" WWII khukuri to cut the cake. Not my idea, surprisingly enough.

I was carrying an original Benchmade Stryker, which was still a pretty new knife when I got hitched, many moons ago. I cut my son's umbilical cord with a Spyderco Paramilitary. ;)

I had a camillus folder with celuloid scales in one pocket and a sak of some kind in the other, definately with a corkscrew.....

I had a Kabar trapper that I had traded for. I packed that knife for many years even taking it on airplanes and through airport security all over Europe. Somehow I misplaced it and it has been gone for many years.

Back