What knives are you guys throwing?

At the moment in my throwers ive made my usual set of throwers range from 6 and 3/4in overall to just under 15 in overall.

I played around with flea market throwing knives when I was a kid. At age 46 it was time to pick the hobby back up. 6 Cold Steel Pro Flight sports just came in the mail today. If I get serious with this sport I'll probably by Zeils as well.
CD

Ive been so busy with the house I haven't had a chance to try my hand with them yet. This weekend I'd like to build my target. That's the plan anyways. The technique I will be trying/learning will be spin style. Decided to go with the larger blades and ones that should last.
CD

make sure the balance is more centered when throwing with rotation otherwise the spins may be uneven if the knife is more handel heavy its more suited to no spin. When just getting back into throwing i recommend pine or ply wood for a trowing board.

A good knife for throwing by the handle has aq balance point half way between the tip and the butt. It should also look balanced top to bottom of the center line of the blade. I found the ones about 8"- 10"long seem to work best. Harald Moeller makes some good ones and has published a small book on throwing.
Frank.

Finally built my target and was throwing today for about an hour. Very addicting (I love it). I first started at 3-4 yards no spin and then walked back about 7 paces and was sticking them with one full spin. So far so good with these Pro Flights. CD

my friend and i have circus knife throwing experience we allways used knives we made that were just under 13 in overall. We trained on plastic bottles

CS sure balance throwers that I stripped out. Those are my primary throwers, then I have a bunch of smaller cheapies and some vintage ones that I dont' touch.

Back