Photos What knives would you take on a road trip

sonofwilfred

🇦🇺
Platinum Member
Our little family is going on a 10 day road trip, part hotel stays and part camping. I'm taking three knives I think will cover most situations.
xAb6ZM7.jpg

What knives would you take?

A full sized Vic scout knife like a Trekker or Centurion. My Boye boat knife in dendritic cobalt and either my Vic Swiss Champ or Swisstool. Plus I always have my 2" A.G.Russell ti lockback in my wallet.

Forgot fixed. My Mora Garberg or Ka-Bar wrench knife.

I travel for a living. I bring my Tops Cut 4.0, Busse RMD Bowie, and a folder l. The folder is a toss between SOG trident, CS Recon 1 or a Kershaw. After TSA busted my ass for traveling sloppy I try to keep a mental inventory of what I'm bringing. Also a NAA folding 22 mag or Glock 43x. Society is mad right now.

Good c
I travel for a living. I bring my Tops Cut 4.0, Busse RMD Bowie, and a folder l. The folder is a toss between SOG trident, CS Recon 1 or a Kershaw. After TSA busted my ass for traveling sloppy I try to keep a mental inventory of what I'm bringing. Also a NAA folding 22 mag or Glock 43x. Society is mad right now.
Great choices

Thanks. I've gotta figure out how to upload pics on this site.

At the very least, I will take the two knives I keep in my car, a SCHF55 and a 14” Tramontina bolo. My pocket knives will also be there: Biltong and Opinel 6. I will most likely insert the Alox Farmer in place of the Electrician. I will probably want to have the Skrama with me and the BK62, in case thre might be a campfire involved.

A Letherman Wave and a 4.5” fixed blade live in my truck, which is our usual road trip vehicle. Always have a folder in my pocket, usually either a Manix 2 or a Steel Will Modus. There’s also always a medium camp axe in the bed, and who knows what in the tool bag.

An old CRKT Stiff KISS and a Gerber Crucial currently live in the wife’s car. Plus whatever I have on me at the time.

For us, most road trips are also camping/hiking trips, so knives, tools, and gear are all a given.

When hiking, I usually take a PM2, a SAK Fieldmaster and an Esee 4

Depending o the trip I may replace the PM2 by either a native5 or a bugout if something smaller or lighter is appropriate

Honestly, probably a variety of between 7-10 knives. That way I could choose what I wanted, and what best suited whatever task may be ahead for the day. This is assuming I’m driving, as I do not fly. Most of my knives are Buck (folding and fixed), but I would also bring my Lg 21 Micarta and my slip joint that will (hopefully) be here on Monday that I was lucky enough to have special made for me.

The others I have need to go anyway because I don’t really use them. I have been offloading anything I won’t use. This thread reminded me I need to go through them :D:thumbsup:

Back