1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Photos What knives would you take on a road trip

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sonofwilfred, Jul 11, 2020.

1. sonofwilfred

sonofwilfred Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Our little family is going on a 10 day road trip, part hotel stays and part camping. I'm taking three knives I think will cover most situations. [​IMG]
    What knives would you take?

bigsurbob, Quiet, guy g and 7 others like this.
  2. shortwinger

shortwinger Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2010
    My 2020 “short trip“ kit... 840B29ED-59B9-4ACB-BE62-E3C67D220C52.jpeg

3. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    A full sized Vic scout knife like a Trekker or Centurion. My Boye boat knife in dendritic cobalt and either my Vic Swiss Champ or Swisstool. Plus I always have my 2" A.G.Russell ti lockback in my wallet.

Forgot fixed. My Mora Garberg or Ka-Bar wrench knife.

onekerf, jfk1110, guy g and 1 other person like this.
  4. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Going on a mini road trip soon. Already planned on bringing my BM Bugout and Tops MSK 2.5.

bigsurbob, guy g and sonofwilfred like this.
  5. ggw

ggw

Feb 13, 2018
    Benchmade Proper and a Case Peanut

guy g and sonofwilfred like this.
  6. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    I'm
    looking for a clip blade proper at the moment for the right price. Very nice choice

7. 954Ink

954Ink Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Feb 22, 2020
    I travel for a living. I bring my Tops Cut 4.0, Busse RMD Bowie, and a folder l. The folder is a toss between SOG trident, CS Recon 1 or a Kershaw. After TSA busted my ass for traveling sloppy I try to keep a mental inventory of what I'm bringing. Also a NAA folding 22 mag or Glock 43x. Society is mad right now.

guy g, duramax and sonofwilfred like this.
  8. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Good c
    Great choices

9. 954Ink

Feb 22, 2020
    Thanks. I've gotta figure out how to upload pics on this site.

10. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

bigsurbob, Chronovore, guy g and 5 others like this.
  11. 954Ink

Feb 22, 2020
    jfk1110 and sonofwilfred like this.
  12. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Depends on the road trip. If there are hotels, restaurants, or anything else like those in the itinerary, the Recon 1 or the Manix 2 paired with an Izula are about the only knives I can carry discreetly.

Zerobladeplay, guy g and sonofwilfred like this.
  13. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    At the very least, I will take the two knives I keep in my car, a SCHF55 and a 14” Tramontina bolo. My pocket knives will also be there: Biltong and Opinel 6. I will most likely insert the Alox Farmer in place of the Electrician. I will probably want to have the Skrama with me and the BK62, in case thre might be a campfire involved.

bigsurbob, guy g, GeofS and 1 other person like this.
  14. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Good point. My BK2 will be in the glove box most of the time.

15. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    A Letherman Wave and a 4.5” fixed blade live in my truck, which is our usual road trip vehicle. Always have a folder in my pocket, usually either a Manix 2 or a Steel Will Modus. There’s also always a medium camp axe in the bed, and who knows what in the tool bag.

An old CRKT Stiff KISS and a Gerber Crucial currently live in the wife’s car. Plus whatever I have on me at the time.

For us, most road trips are also camping/hiking trips, so knives, tools, and gear are all a given.

16. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    When hiking, I usually take a PM2, a SAK Fieldmaster and an Esee 4

Depending o the trip I may replace the PM2 by either a native5 or a bugout if something smaller or lighter is appropriate

17. Zulus

Zulus Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2020
    Hmmmmm... Virginia must be much tougher than I thought !

18. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Use the desktop version of imgur, bud. Once you upload the pic, there should be a bbcode option on your post. Copy that link to Blade Forums and you should be good to go.

Oh, and upload your pics as “hidden.” Otherwise, non-knife SJW imgur users will swarm you.

19. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    On my last vacation I took an Umnumzaan, a cheap Gerber Evo and a Buck 110.
    The Umnumzaan and the Gerber got the most use.
    I carried the Evo when I was at the beach.

guy g, DangerZone98 and sonofwilfred like this.
  20. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Honestly, probably a variety of between 7-10 knives. That way I could choose what I wanted, and what best suited whatever task may be ahead for the day. This is assuming I’m driving, as I do not fly. Most of my knives are Buck (folding and fixed), but I would also bring my Lg 21 Micarta and my slip joint that will (hopefully) be here on Monday that I was lucky enough to have special made for me.

The others I have need to go anyway because I don’t really use them. I have been offloading anything I won’t use. This thread reminded me I need to go through them :D:thumbsup:

guy g, DangerZone98 and sonofwilfred like this.