1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What`s Your Favorite Style Knife?

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 4, 2009.

Favorite Traditional Model

Poll closed Nov 14, 2009.
  1. Kephart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nessmuk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hudson Bay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Roach Belly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Straight Back Kephart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. CB Neckmuk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Baby Kephart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
  2. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    I like the Roach belly. Maybe with a little less belly.

3. machine26

machine26

Sep 3, 2009
    Straight back kephart is my favorite. I find the asthetics to be most pleasing and they seem to work better for more precise work.

4. cmdionne

cmdionne

Oct 27, 2006
    I've only got one of these knives, but I love my Neckmuk. Perfect little EDC knife with some cool aesthetics.

5. protourist

protourist Have you ever caught me lying to you before? Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Nessmuk and Hudson Bay. I can't say why but I just like the look.

6. jds1

jds1 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I think the Roach Belly is about as traditional as you can get. Once you start using one you'll appreciate the versatility. Stout enough for battoning, GREAT for food prep, and a fine enough point for detail work.

Jeff

7. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Kephart. Love my others, but this one trumps them.

8. oldcamper

oldcamper

Nov 4, 2009
    I love all of them but lean a bit toward the Hudson Bay.

9. Mr. Sogetsu

Mr. Sogetsu

Jun 11, 2006
    I picked Hudson Bay and Kephart. I couldn't make up my mind. I really like how the Hudson Bay looks. I also like the Kephart since it is just simple looking.

10. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    Hudson Bay. Good lines and I do like that wide blade with plenty of belly. So I guess it comes down to a combination of certain practical matters and aesthetics.

11. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Kephart. I love mine, I just like the blade shape, good all around knife.

12. ms3902

ms3902

Jul 8, 2007
    It has to be the nesmuck for me. :D It has a point that does all I need one to do and I love the combination of straight and lots of belly.:thumbup:

13. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    It`s kind of funny that the Hudson Bay is beating the Kephart. There has to be at least 50 Kepharts out there that I made, and only about 5 Hudson Bays. :confused:

14. protourist

protourist Have you ever caught me lying to you before? Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    You were making the Kephart long before the economy hit the skids. I don't think there is one of us that wouldn't buy a Hudson Bay if we could part with the bucks.

15. Jas79

Jas79

Sep 15, 2009
    I really like both the Kephart and the SB Kephart, but I voted for the straight back Kephart. I just really like the look of it

16. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Out of the knives you make I think that I like the Kephart the best. I just think you nailed it as far as what the "Kephart" knife was combined with nice, simple, flowing lines.

That being said, I do prefer the Nessmuk as an overall knife for a couple reasons. First is I liked Nessmuk's writing more and then I'd have to say that I like the aesthetics of a good Nessmuk. The ones you do are nice but I like a lot of curve on my Nessies and I think Fiddleback nailed it with his large version.

I would like to get the specs on that baby Kephart if you wouldn't mind. I'm liking that guy.

17. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    I went with the Hudson Bay but if I got one it would be one of the shorter models, not only do I think they look cooler but I would also use a knife that size more so than the full size version !

18. rocketbomb

rocketbomb

Apr 25, 2007
    I voted for the Straight Back Kephart, it's most similar to the Slim Hunter I got from you a while back. Just like straight back (or slight drop point) knives, next to a wharncliffe blade shape.

19. coaldigger

coaldigger

Jan 27, 2007
    I like the Kephart style the most but my 2nd would be a nessie:thumbup:

20. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    I like the Kephart most because it looks to be the most versatile and better suited to my normal outdoor activities (dayhiking). But the 7" Hudson just looks like a really great camp and food prep knife, love the aesthetics. :thumbup:

ETA: Aw shoot, didn't realize we could select multiple options. I have add a vote to the Hudson Bay then.