What SAK are ya totin' today?

My (just arrived today) Yeoman:thumbsup:
I4ecpE.jpg

Well done looks like a great example

Paul, it looks pristine!

My Old CrossFarmer arrived today too...

8-CEE0139-7-BB7-4600-BB01-224-E20277-DA0.jpg

Thanks you two:thumbsup:

Jim, it's in great shape with only carry swirls on the cellidor that you can see when in hand, yet difficult to capture in a picture. Regardless, I'm very happy with it:thumbsup:

Your Farmer is really nice as well:cool::cool::cool:

Unseasonably warm weather means lots of yard work to do. Perfect time to carry the Ranger Grip 78 with its big saw and locking blade, plus all the standard SAK tools.

49702101693_bfb20bdf4e_b.jpg

I've been looking at the Ranger Grip 79, the version of yours with the corkscrew (I use it for knots when outdoors). Can I ask, how comfortable is the tool in hand when using the saw? Specifically does the spine dig into the hand? It's a big blade already and the added bump has me worried about the ergonomics when using the saw.

I've been looking at the Ranger Grip 79, the version of yours with the corkscrew (I use it for knots when outdoors). Can I ask, how comfortable is the tool in hand when using the saw? Specifically does the spine dig into the hand? It's a big blade already and the added bump has me worried about the ergonomics when using the saw.

I cut down a Chinese privet and a sassafras (both 1+ inch diameter) yesterday and I didn't find it uncomfortable. I checked this morning and found that the grip I naturally use on it is with my thumb on the shield/blade release button and the middle pad of my index finger on the opposite side, my other three fingers wrap around the handle below the one-hand-opening hole. They are wrapped over the spine of the blade, which tends to fall on the end pad or right along the joint between the end pad and middle pad of all three fingers. I do feel the spine, but it's not all that uncomfortable for occasional use. If you were going to do lots of cutting it might get annoying, but I tend to use my SAK saws just for the occasional pruning job. The knife is large enough that there are a lot of effective ways to grip it, especially with the rubber pads on the sides. Hope that helps.

Back