1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What SAK are you carrying around?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by edmundo.gurza, Jul 9, 2013.

1. edmundo.gurza

edmundo.gurza

May 15, 2013
    Do you carry the 55 in the front pocket or both on back?

2. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Houndstooth is always in front right. I only carry the farmer in my back pocket when it is my second knife which is usually every work day. All my knives usually ride in the front right.

3. edmundo.gurza

edmundo.gurza

May 15, 2013
    I have a pioneer and a Standard Issue and I find they carry great on the front pocket, maybe a bit heavy though. How heavy is the GEC 55 compared to the pioneer for example? Great scales from you farmer though, I'm guessing it is the swissbianco version?

4. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    huntsman during the week, forrester on the weekends when I'm wearing "casual casual" (as opposed to "business casual" M-F)

5. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Thanks and yes, its from Swiss B. I do not own a pioneer so I can not comment on that exactly,but I would say its probably pretty darn close to the same weight. My liner lock 55 is slightly lighter then the farmer going off of feel. Its certainly an easy pocket carry for me.

6. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    Recruit for me. It's got everything I need, and nothing I don't.
    [​IMG]

7. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Wow, what a beast. You definitely need a sheath or pouch of some kind. I can't imagine carrying that in my pocket.

I carry a SAK every day. I have tried many different ones including some of the 3 or 4 layer SAKs. I choose my tools carefully based on my usage. I don't carry one with the scizzors. But I can see why folks like that tool as well as the saw. I like the 110 mm size and carry an Adventurer. I like the Trekker (plain edge) quite a bit and that would be my choice if I switched. I have serval Trekkers in waiting if I decide to change.

Going to try carrying a large GEC folder at least some of the time and leave the Adventurer at home. Will add the Bantam as a smaller SAK substitute. This is the kind of important stuff I deal with every day. It is so hard to change.

8. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    I have a Vic Classic in my pocket every time I leave the house. It's on my car keys.

9. Toddwalla

Toddwalla

May 27, 2012
    I'm with Frank...I have a Rally on me keys (traded scissors for a cap lifter). If I have my backpack with me I also have a camper or a Spartan. And, until I got my #15 I used to slip a bantam into my edc rotation.

10. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    Lately, I've been back to carrying my Tourist, which is the 84mm version of the Spartan.

[​IMG]

Purchased in 2002, I tell people, it's my lucky knife. It was in my pocket during the births of all three of my kids, plus during a couple successful job interviews, etc. Whenever I need a little dose of extra mojo, I make sure this one's in my pocket. To me it really may be the perfect "if I could only have one knife" knife. Very very pocketable, even in dress pants, and has all the tools you need for EDC. I use the corkscrew as often as possible :p and do use that little eyeglass screwdriver from time to time.

-- Mark

11. pilgrimuk

pilgrimuk

Apr 18, 2006
    Alox Pioneer; excellent edc, especially the awl, which is must better placed than on the nylon SAK's.

12. Daddyo16

Daddyo16

Jan 12, 2012
    I regularly rotate the Tinker, Super Tinker, and Recruit in my EDC.

13. svahi

svahi

Feb 15, 2013
    I carry Camper, Tourist, Recruit or Bantam.

Bantam:
    [​IMG]

Camper:
    [​IMG]

Tourist:
    [​IMG]

14. Panwa

Panwa

Sep 24, 2008
    huntsman lite

15. edmundo.gurza

edmundo.gurza

May 15, 2013
    I usually have a pioneer in my pocket (or a spartan) I like the size and usability of them. I also keep a victorinox waiter in the middle console of the car. This is for any emergency bottle opening if I have my pioneer in my pocket that day or if I need to downsize to a smaller knife because of going into some places.

16. mr_badexample

mr_badexample

Mar 1, 2012
    Wenger Solider
    [​IMG]

17. bdev

bdev

Feb 8, 2013
    I wouldn't consider it "carrying around" but I keep a Tinker in the center console of my car.

18. iwouldhurtafly

iwouldhurtafly

Dec 3, 2010
    I have a Farmer in Silver Alox in the change/watch/small pocket on my right... Freaking phenomenal tool. It has the perfect set of tools I need throughout my day... if not I have a Leatherman Wave in the bag.

Then a SAK Classic in Black in the bottom of my left pocket. Its such a small handy little knife I almost think EVERYONE should have one in a pocket or on their keys.

Thrown in a bic, and a Streamlight Stylus Pro, and my BK15... Amazing Daily/EDC combo for me.

19. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    Usually I just carry a Vic Classic everyday. It sits on my keyring for my housedoor (and somehow I need to get into the house ;) ) so this is really everyday with me.

The next rotate from time to time, not in my pocket but in my Maxpedition Jumbo I carry as my bag.

This can be

- Spartan
    - Alox versions in general (I love this stuff)
    - Climber
    - Cybertool etc etc etc

20. Ken44

Ken44

Jun 29, 2005
    Alox Cadet today.