1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What significant difference between Seal Pup and Seal Pup Elite (both AUS-8/Taiwan)?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by Inazone, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Inazone

Inazone

Aug 27, 2012
    I bought a new Seal Pup a couple years back, and a used Seal Pup Elite here on the Exchange a couple weeks ago. I was under the impression that the Elite was a little larger/longer, but it doesn't seem to be. Other than the jimping on the Elite's spine, different blade coating and different sheaths, is there anything else of importance to distinguish one from the other? The only reason I ask is because, from time to time, I see the "regular" version described as junk or otherwise inferior, and am curious is if there is some history if it being sub-par.

2. Inazone

Inazone

Aug 27, 2012
    Thanks. I found my explanation in that old thread here:

3. ostanley99

ostanley99 Banned BANNED

Jul 1, 2016
    I thought the standard version was only available in AUS 6. I was wondering though why the box mine came in said AUS 8 though. Here's a pic of it because I'm wondering if it's really the AUS 8 model:
    [​IMG]

4. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Yes that's a Taiwan made SP in Aus8.
    The original Seal Pups were made in Aus6 by Kinryu of Seki Japan, and they ended in 2006/2007.