1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

what size screws for calypso lightweight clip?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by shootist16, Apr 7, 2000.

1. shootist16

shootist16 knife law moderator Moderator

Dec 25, 1998
    I bought my wife a Calypso jr lightweight. She is lefthanded so I tried to move the clip to the other side. Unfortunately I rounded the heads in the process. I have since found out that Spydero is out of these screws. Does anyone know what size they are, so I can buy some repacements? Are they 4-40 or 2-56 or metric?

------------------
    Dennis Bible

2. Danimal

Danimal

Mar 29, 2000
    I would also like to know. I rounded out the screws on my Pro Venator because they were in so tight.
    --Danimal

3. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    shootist16,

You ever find out that screw size?

My next buy is going to be a Calypso Jr. Lightweight--seems like a great knife all around. I especially appreciate the design (I have the micarta Calypso Jr.) and the VG-10 steel. The switchable clip is great, but I'm not partial to the empty threaded holes left on one side. Leaves the knife looking the tiniest bit unfinished IMO. (Don't get me wrong though; it's still a great looking knife.)

I thought about simply putting three small black screws in the holes to give it a more complete look. Might also keep the threads from clogging up in case I ever do want to swap the clip. So, anyway, I am curious about the size of the screws and where I might be able to obtain them. You had any luck?

------------------
    Guyon
    AKTI Member #A001044

"The hardest knife ill used doth lose his edge."
    -William Shakespeare, Sonnet 95

[This message has been edited by Guyon (edited 04-14-2000).]

4. shootist16

shootist16 knife law moderator Moderator

Dec 25, 1998
    Guyon, I have had no luck whatsoever. I really would like to know. I love the knife, but the rounded screws look like crap now. Not a bad idea on putting screws on the other side. If I ever find out, I will do that as well.

------------------
    Dennis Bible