what size screws for calypso lightweight clip?

shootist16

knife law moderator
I bought my wife a Calypso jr lightweight. She is lefthanded so I tried to move the clip to the other side. Unfortunately I rounded the heads in the process. I have since found out that Spydero is out of these screws. Does anyone know what size they are, so I can buy some repacements? Are they 4-40 or 2-56 or metric?

------------------
Dennis Bible

I would also like to know. I rounded out the screws on my Pro Venator because they were in so tight.
--Danimal

shootist16,

You ever find out that screw size?

My next buy is going to be a Calypso Jr. Lightweight--seems like a great knife all around. I especially appreciate the design (I have the micarta Calypso Jr.) and the VG-10 steel. The switchable clip is great, but I'm not partial to the empty threaded holes left on one side. Leaves the knife looking the tiniest bit unfinished IMO. (Don't get me wrong though; it's still a great looking knife.)

I thought about simply putting three small black screws in the holes to give it a more complete look. Might also keep the threads from clogging up in case I ever do want to swap the clip. So, anyway, I am curious about the size of the screws and where I might be able to obtain them. You had any luck?

------------------
Guyon
AKTI Member #A001044

"The hardest knife ill used doth lose his edge."
-William Shakespeare, Sonnet 95

[This message has been edited by Guyon (edited 04-14-2000).]

Guyon, I have had no luck whatsoever. I really would like to know. I love the knife, but the rounded screws look like crap now. Not a bad idea on putting screws on the other side. If I ever find out, I will do that as well.

------------------
Dennis Bible

Back