What sleeping bag and other gear to buy

I've tried Marmot and a couple others. I have a WM Badger 15 degree. It's great for me down to about 25 degrees. Very packable inside a "Sea to Summit" stuff sack. I will never buy another brand of sleeping bag. I also highly recommend the sea to summit stuff sacks. They're great, waterproof, which is very important when using a down bag.

Other gear which is top shelf:

Katadyn Pocket water filter. It's a little heavy, but compact, everything else about it is great. Worth the extra weight.

Jetboil cookstove. I love it.

Hilleberg tents.

Arcteryx goretex shell. Very expensive and worth it. I've had mine 3 years, used it a lot, looks new. Patagonia synthetic wicking layers.

Here's something you won't hear every day. When looking for boots, take a look at Zamberlan. REI carries them. Still handmade in Italy and priced pretty close to Vasque. Better boots. Of course, get whatever fits best, but the Zamberlans are great. I'm getting a "standby pair" when the REI sale comes up.

Pete

Here's something you won't hear every day. When looking for boots, take a look at Zamberlan. REI carries them. Still handmade in Italy and priced pretty close to Vasque. Better boots. Of course, get whatever fits best, but the Zamberlans are great. I'm getting a "standby pair" when the REI sale comes up.

Pete

Funny you should say that i was looking at them very closley, im going to be wearing vibram five fingers most of the time but for colder weather or long solo treks they look like jus tthe ticket

Back