1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What SOGs do you own?????

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by socintel, Jun 26, 2005.

1. 68Charger

68Charger

Oct 25, 2013
    I just recently acquired a Daggert 2 (I have the Daggert 1 and decided to get a two since they're easily available), Spec Elite 1, Bluto, and a Flashback in TiNi finish.

I'm afraid of the bluto being a bit too small and I overpaid for it (it was $61) so I hope I like it. I have plenty of VG10 arc lock blades. I'm hoping this one can be a work knife (like my disposable FlashII) but at the same time it's a discontinued knife.. I feel like I shouldn't play too much w it.

I'll take another family photo here soon.

I forgot to mention I sent my SOG Flashback to SOG to get the centering right. When my Flashback was closed, it was off center and rubbing on the handle. I also told them to fix the stiffness of opening and closing of the blade. It was to the point of rubbing my thumb raw on the thumb stud to open it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. jfalkos

jfalkos

Dec 26, 2013
    Just got my Mini Vulcan in the mail today, and the black clip is ok it's way. Kind of a quirky knife but I like it. Fits my hand perfectly and it came sharper than any knife I've had. Once I get used to it I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

3. rsngfrce

rsngfrce

Nov 12, 2013
    SOG Aegis Mini Black plain edge (AE22-CP)
    SOG Flashback (SAT002-CP)
    SOG Flash I plain blade (FSA7-CP)
    SOG Key knife Black (KEY-101)
    SOG SOGfari Tanto Machete (MC04-N)
    SOG Aegis Camo/Black plain edge (AE06-CP)
    SOG Flash II Camo/combo edge (CFSA-98)

4. GunnerP

GunnerP

Oct 6, 2009
    Got my first SOG in the post today. Mini Vulcan. First impressions are very good.
    Zero blade play and smooth as butter deployment.
    And the blade is just a little work of art.

[​IMG]

5. loft1960

loft1960

Sep 6, 2012
    My SOG's are:

NW Ranger (S240-L)
    Seal Pup (M37)
    Aegis (AE02-CP

My next purchase this weekend: Tangle (FX31K-CP).

6. thebiped

thebiped

Jan 8, 2014
    Well I just started my knife collection so I don't have many but so far: Micron II, Trident TF-1, Twitch II and a Flash II.

7. GunnerP

GunnerP

Oct 6, 2009
    ^^^ Good start! I only have one ;) (SOG that is)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  8. slikrickabn

slikrickabn

Aug 7, 2004
    I have:
    Demo knife, SEAL Team, SEAL Pup (Seki), SEAL Pup Elite, Tech II (Seki). Hoping to get more, especially a folder if I can ever make up my mind on what I want!

slik

9. 68Charger

68Charger

Oct 25, 2013
    I just received my Flashback a few days ago. Took about 8 days to get one back from Sog. All they did was simply give me a new knife with the modifications they are now producing. It deploys like my Flash II now which I'm extremely happy with. All they wrote was "sorry for the inconvenience" with a smiley face. That was more than okay w me. I'm happy with it and already started to use it.

I purchased 2 SOG Blutos. I think I'm going to sell one of them as it's new. I got the other one at a steal and couldn't pass it up. I thought I would hang on to it but figured I could use money more. It's a great little knife.. And darn sharp. Cut my finger a few times trying to take it out of my pocket. It is.. Extremely sharp. It's my fault though. I needed to get used to the whole small knife in my pocket deployment trick. I don't know how I feel about the blue handle though. It seems a little too feminine for me and it's already a very small knife. I am trying my hardest to like this knife. I'm just having a hard time getting used to the small profile of it though. Well see as time progresses.

10. Fintan McRae

Fintan McRae

Dec 20, 2012
    Tomcat
    SEAL 2000
    Tsunami
    X-42 Recondo (black Ti-Ni)
    Outline (neck knife)

11. 68Charger

68Charger

Oct 25, 2013
    Here is the updated photo of my SOG's. The middle are all VG10 and the two on the sides are their AUS8 (Flashback, Flash II).

[​IMG]

12. Boosted227

Boosted227

Nov 11, 2012
    I especially like the older Sog folders.

Night Vision
    Sculptura
    Pentagon Elite II
    Micro-Dot x 2 (black & green)
    Flash I Rainbow Ti 1 of 300
    Jet Edge 1
    Jet Edge 2

The Night Vision is one of the smoothest opening/closing knives I have ever owned.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  13. treeshaker

treeshaker

Dec 11, 2013
    Tomcat II along with my brother Mark in Calif. who taught me so much about knives..
    Flash
    Pentagon Elite
    multitool
    Jet edge I and II
    Seal, Seal pup, Tech II
    Trident
    Twitch
    Tangle
    Vulcan
    Vision
    Night Vision
    and 5-6 fixed blades.

14. Charlie-Echo-Kilo

Charlie-Echo-Kilo

Feb 3, 2014
    Flash II
    Sculptura
    Magnadot 2.0
    Trident Mini
    Key-Knife
    Twitch XL Tanto

...and a Power Assist B66.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  15. oldreliable45120

oldreliable45120

Jan 26, 2014
    Trident 2.0 and Demo 2.0. Both are great knives. Really like the feel and the weight of the demo more.

16. Rhys1096

Rhys1096

Oct 25, 2013
    I have just recently order my very first SOG knife which is the SOG seal team elite looks like a nice knife just have to wait and see how it performs

17. MR2Spyder

MR2Spyder

Sep 11, 2000
    Time to fess up:

Tech II
    Pentagon
    Mini Pentagon
    Tigershark SK5
    Seal pup elite
    Seal 2000
    Government
    Recon Bowie
    Sog-tac auto
    Sog flash II
    Aegis
    Sculptura
    Blink

18. Inazone

Inazone

Aug 27, 2012
    I just added a Mini Pentagon to my growing collection yesterday. Brand new at a gun show for $25, mixed in with a bunch of the usual MTech and Tac-Force offerings.

19. waynejitsu

waynejitsu

Oct 1, 2002
    I "had" a lot more than I do now.
    I sold ALL of my Flash series knives, they felt cheap, which was sad, as I was really excited about them before they were released.
    I also sold my X-Ray Vision knife, again, felt too flimsy.

So..., what I DO HAVE left is-

Seal Pup (not sure of the model, other than it is 1/2 serrated),
    Mini Vulcan,
    Twitch (don't remember if it is a I or II),
    Visionary,
    Mini X-Ray Vision (much sturdier and feels a lot better than the larger model),
    Night Vision,
    2x Night Visions with plain blade, (Called SOG, was told only 6 was made with the plain edge, I have 2x, a woman in the
    office has one and so far, I have not been able to find the other 3 PE Night Vision knives).
    Sogzilla,
    Some SOG tools
    Some others I can not think of right now, I will think of them tonight while watching TV, LOL!! ( but plan on buying a couple more:)

20. dberry

dberry

Oct 16, 2007
    Sadly I only own a seki Seal pup which is in my go bag. Its a great all around knife. Im going to start building back my SOG collection asap starting with a trident in think.