What starts out Brown then Changes to Purple ???

So this may be a question for Kershaw but maybe jimmer or Thomas will see this and answer. The new Blurs are advertised as to having a 154CM blade. My new ones came with CPM154 lazered on them. Now it was my understanding that these are two different steels?? So which is it that they actually have? :confused:

IDK which one but found this here on BF..so your better of if you got CPM154 it looks like
by recreating 154CM using the CPM process,not only would CPM 154 be easier for knifemakers to finish & polish to a high sheen,but it would also be tougher than 154CM,even though the elemental makeup of the two steels is identical. Another quote: Tests from our research facility in Pittsburgh show that CPM 154 is twice as tough as 154CM,Devanna notes " It suprised everybody.We knew it would improve toughness ,but we didnt know it would be that much"

Love the CPM154 blade steel.

I got purpled today. Here she is.
DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

The blade says cpm154, so id say thats what it is. When they showed them at blade they said they would probably be 154cm. They changed their mind, I am happy about that.

Ordered mine and should be in today (purple of course)!

sweet .Greens my favorite color and with the black it rocks..Had someone on another forum say they couldn't justify the price LOL..I was like what $95.00 for a special edition Blur with CPM154 steel but a regular Blur with S30V goes 70+ ..To each their own i guess.Well worth it to me

Been trying not to buy one of these but I have to find out what all the fuss is with the Blur. It was the CPM154 that pushed me over the edge.

Where does one find the green ones in stock?

Been trying not to buy one of these but I have to find out what all the fuss is with the Blur. It was the CPM154 that pushed me over the edge.

Where does one find the green ones in stock?
I got mine from Blade HQ.shipped Tuesday got it today

Yea the price point on these is "fairly" reasonable in my opinion especially given their limited run status. Just further brings into question pricing of a certain other knife I won't go down the road of again.........

I'm a value knife shopper pretty much but this Blur being green web and anodized aluminum and CPM154 steel plus limited edition i had no problems spending 100.00 on it.Plus my Sandvik model needed a buddy :p

sweet .Greens my favorite color and with the black it rocks..Had someone on another forum say they couldn't justify the price LOL..I was like what $95.00 for a special edition Blur with CPM154 steel but a regular Blur with S30V goes 70+ ..To each their own i guess.Well worth it to me
I'm a big fan of purple knives. So as soon as I saw that it was in that coloration I had to have it.

Back