1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the Huck?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Murman, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Murman

Murman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 11, 2015
    I was looking over some old pics from grab bag and noticed part of this huck handle is missing. can't remember now who I traded it to. It was the first Huck I'd seen so I didn't notice anything off about it. Anyone else?

[​IMG]

as opposed to this:

[​IMG]

2. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Pics aren’t coming up for me.

3. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Man - that is very interesting and a very interesting mod as well...

C

4. ragnerok

ragnerok Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Dont see half a handle, actually i dont see anything at all...

5. Murman

Murman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 11, 2015
    IMG_20170911_235017.jpg

Apocalyps and Mike Pierson like this.
  6. Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    Normal:

IMG_20171019_100510.jpg

Mike Pierson likes this.
  7. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Wow! That's pretty crazy!

8. MikeH

MikeH

Oct 18, 2001
    I have a custom Busse Bowie I bought on E-bay several years ago that has hex head handle slab pins and a very, very nice Snakeskin handle with a feel unlike any other fusion handle I own. Jerry told me at a blade show that the handle slabs were a version given to the test team on the fusion handles and, although he liked that version best, it was not selected. The hex pins were those provided on the test team versions to interchange handle slabs.
    He told me that he had "completely hand ground" the blade personally but had no idea how the handle slabs and hex pins got out of the shop on the knife.

Perhaps something similar happened on the knife pictured. Maybe it was an alternate, shorter handle being evaluated.

Mike Pierson likes this.
  9. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I sure do like those little variant twists that they put on some of the grab bag blades. I got a clip point SHE2 in one of my bags that was just a perfectly proportioned knife. Would love to see that one as a regular production blade.

10. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Hmm ?

upload_2018-3-12_18-15-11.jpeg

Murman likes this.
  11. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I should never have sold my SHE2 clip!!!

Attached Files:

12. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I ended up letting mine go too. Loved the knife but the handle color wasn't for me.

13. ragnerok

ragnerok Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2008
    There you go, custom made one off?

14. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I have one just like that. In fact, it is the same color and everything, but I bought it from someone on Ebay. I always thought that the pommel mod was kind of strange. I don't know if it has any functional purpose.

15. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    So! there's a rare variant out there in Huckville with a Clip Pommel Can't believe no one has offered up any provenance to this mystery~ Maybe the folks who made them might shed the light??? One I know of with the balls for this kind of customization is @inkynate

16. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Looks like an angry grinder beaver got that one....

17. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    What the HUCK Chuck?! :eek:o_O

18. Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    I bet it's the same one. I think whoever got it from me got it to resale.

19. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I actually don't think it is. I remember asking you about it when I saw a picture of it next to the REK'd HUCK Fin, and it seemed like the timeline didn't match up. OTOH, I could be completely wrong. :confused::D

20. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Sorry, haven't logged in for a bit, but it weren't me! Wasn't in on the HUCK.