what the?

ok the Colt M-16 dual action knife is out, I have just opened my Brigade quartermasters catalog and they have the colt AR-15-K combat folder what is this? It looks like the M16 but with something different on the blade.

please reply I Hope I'm not going nuts
smile.gif

FLOOSH!!!

Timmy, the M-16 is a dual-action auto/manual, while the AR-15 is manual only. It's like the guns: one is for military use, the other has restricted ability for civilian sale.

Of course, given that they're in 440A and made by United, I hope both military and civilian don't give these knives a second look.

------------------

-Corduroy
(Why else would a bear want a pocket?)

In the manual-only version? I don't know, but I'd be awfully surprised if you could. Machining was required to convert the Boker Top-Lock to its auto counterpart, and I'd expect teh same holds true here. Waddaya want an auto for, anyhow? They're slower than a blade-hole or a well-designed disc/stud, and they run a very real risk of going off in your pocket. Add to that the legal hassles...

No, I understand, there are a few autos that I wouldn't mind adding to my all-manual collection, but it really isn't a good idea. You'll pay twice as much for a knife you can't carry just because it goes *snik* at the push of a button. May I humbly suggest saving your pennies for a nice Spyderco?

------------------

-Corduroy

Way to go!

I think we're all tempted by the auto "bug" from time to time, but I look at folks who've succumbed and it helps me resist. They have case after case of knives they can only fondle lovingly, never carry out of the house... and before long they're selling the house to send more money to Tony Marfione!

------------------

-Corduroy

Back