What to buy? Opinions please

Hello all! I've got a Basic #7 and I'm trying to decide whether to get a #5 or #9 -and don't say both!
smile.gif

I was thinking that the #5 would be great for a little hike where I don't want to freak anyone out. The #9 looks great, but the fact of the matter is I've got a custom khukri coming which will out-chop any of the Busse line. That's not an insult, that's just a fact. I haven't found a knife that can out chop a khurki yet. So, the question is do I go with the practical #5 or the emotional #9?
Thanks in advance.

------------------
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n"
John Milton
There are only two types of people; those who understand this, and those who think they do.

disregard

[This message has been edited by Smoke (edited 04-04-2001).]

Agreed, The five is easy to carry as I havent gone anywhere without mine in two months, and I mean anywhere!! Of course I put up with the little things like re- adjusting when I get into the car and stuff like that. Other than that you can't beat it, unless of course, you get the Badger Attack. Later...
wink.gif

The 9" was undeniable appeal and if you needed a great chopper, that would be the one. But you've already decided on your chopper. The 5" is much more practical, and although I love my 7" SteelHeart II, which I assume is equivalent to a Basic 7", the 5" can go where the 7" or, a fortiori, 9" can't easily go.
Your question really answers itself: 5". Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by HJK (edited 02-07-2000).]

#5 all the way. It's the PERFECT knife for a hike when you don't want to draw attention from others on the trail...fast, sleek, SHARP, and NUCLEAR TOUGH.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Okay, I succumbed. I've just ordered a #5 from Andy and I should have it in a couple of weeks. It's got the new leather sheath so when I get it I'll let everyone know what I think of it. I've publically said that I prefer kydex but Andy says I won't be disapointed. We'll see...
smile.gif
To all those who offered opinion, thanks.

------------------
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n"
John Milton
There are only two types of people; those who understand this, and those who think they do.

Back