What to buy? Opinions please

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Johan, Feb 7, 2000.

1. Johan

Johan

Oct 12, 1999
    Hello all! I've got a Basic #7 and I'm trying to decide whether to get a #5 or #9 -and don't say both! [​IMG]

I was thinking that the #5 would be great for a little hike where I don't want to freak anyone out. The #9 looks great, but the fact of the matter is I've got a custom khukri coming which will out-chop any of the Busse line. That's not an insult, that's just a fact. I haven't found a knife that can out chop a khurki yet. So, the question is do I go with the practical #5 or the emotional #9?
    Thanks in advance.

------------------
    "Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n"
    John Milton
    There are only two types of people; those who understand this, and those who think they do.

2. Smoke

Smoke Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 1998
    disregard

[This message has been edited by Smoke (edited 04-04-2001).]

3. sevenedges

sevenedges Banned BANNED

Sep 14, 1999
    Agreed, The five is easy to carry as I havent gone anywhere without mine in two months, and I mean anywhere!! Of course I put up with the little things like re- adjusting when I get into the car and stuff like that. Other than that you can't beat it, unless of course, you get the Badger Attack. Later... [​IMG]

4. HJK

HJK Moderator Moderator

Jun 30, 1999
    The 9" was undeniable appeal and if you needed a great chopper, that would be the one. But you've already decided on your chopper. The 5" is much more practical, and although I love my 7" SteelHeart II, which I assume is equivalent to a Basic 7", the 5" can go where the 7" or, a fortiori, 9" can't easily go.
    Your question really answers itself: 5". Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by HJK (edited 02-07-2000).]

5. Andy Prisco

Andy Prisco

Nov 2, 1999
    #5 all the way. It's the PERFECT knife for a hike when you don't want to draw attention from others on the trail...fast, sleek, SHARP, and NUCLEAR TOUGH.

------------------
    Andy Prisco, Manager
    Sharper Instinct, LLC
    Phone: 1-201-493-2469
    Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
    Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
    Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

6. Johan

Johan

Oct 12, 1999
    Okay, I succumbed. I've just ordered a #5 from Andy and I should have it in a couple of weeks. It's got the new leather sheath so when I get it I'll let everyone know what I think of it. I've publically said that I prefer kydex but Andy says I won't be disapointed. We'll see... [​IMG] To all those who offered opinion, thanks.

------------------
    "Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n"
    John Milton
    There are only two types of people; those who understand this, and those who think they do.