What to do with a Gerber Multiplier?

I have to admit the new locking Gerbers with the needlenose pliers are a vast improvement over the older Gerbers. The Navy carries them in the stock system and so mine cost me nothing, and the older ones are worth just that. The newer ones have decent, finished screwdriver blades, while the early ones were just unground lumps in 3 different sizes, that I had to finish shaping. Ok, if I have to have one gripe, the wire cutters are still very soft. The last one that I was issued even had the little piggyback adapter with various bits. I use this one onboard and keep my good supertool in my glovebox, and gave my wave to the wife. For the newer Gerbers, put me in the upcheck column (as opposed to the "upchuck" column?)

I would have to agree that the first Multipliers weren't tops by todays standards, but then multi-tools have come a long way since then all around. The original PST was painful to use and had terrible tool clumping.

I like the new Multipliers, though I prefer my Pulse. They share a common failing though -- the scissors are too small!!

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

Back