1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what todo with counterfeit knifes

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by slackfive, Sep 27, 2018.

1. slackfive

slackfive

Sep 27, 2018
    Hello everybody.
    First I want to apologies if this should be posted in another discussion.
    Second - I'm an idiot and have made a huge mistake and ended up ordering a lot of knives that I now suspect are counterfeit.

My first recourse is to try to do a return and get my money back, but preparing for the worst and suspect that I'll end up being stuck with these things.
    I know that I cannot turn around and sell them, but what can I (legally) do with these?

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

Squawkx likes this.
  2. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    You can throw them in the garbage. That's about it.

Mo2 likes this.
  3. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    You can sell them (not here obviously) as long as you make it clear they are fakes. Just don't represent them as the real thing. You certainly can't sell them here obviously, but they are your property and you can legally do with your property whatever you wish as long as you are not being fraudulent and trying to pass them off as the real thing.

Garage sale, eBay whatever. You do not HAVE TO throw them away, but that is also an option. Or just keep them and use them if they are safe to use.

Squawkx likes this.
  4. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Throw them in a lake. That's what I'd do.

5. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    Some magnet Fisher might find them and resell them as the real thing if he throws them in a lake. Bad advice.

6. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Permanently mark them "reproduction" with an engraving tool and sell them as such. Or, display them side by side with the real thing and use them as a conversation piece.

n2s

7. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    What are they supposed to be ?
    Where did you purchase them ?

jux t likes this.
  8. Squawkx

Squawkx

Oct 3, 2018
    Sell them for what they are worth, they have some value, even if they are fakes. Just make it clear what it is that they are, there are always people who want a cheap knife.
    Sit down and figure out what it is that you have in them, and what a fair price would be. Then sell them at flea markets, and on Craigslist, and Ebay; it is not dishonest to that. That advice is going to run counter to a lot of thinking here, but it is genuine and sound reasoning. I looked on Craigslist and there are cheap knock-off aplenty there.