1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Having ended the experiment and going back to my sinfull ways as an incurable knife knut, I have my daily rotation with me. In addition to my ever present Wenger SI in its belt pouch with the LED light, I have my old yellow peanut back in my right pocket. My classic is back on my keyring, and I feel like all is back as it should be. And in memory of my dear old Uncle Paul, I even tucked a very old Christy knife in my tobacco pouch, just in case.

What are you guys carrying today?

2. stockman242

stockman242

Jan 14, 2008
    You just have to get a camera jackknife. Please!!! :D

Im carrying my 125OT and a camillus roughcut stockman, that has to fill in for the Boker I gave away.

[​IMG]

3. db

db

Oct 3, 1998
    A Vic Cadet witch I am having alot of fun useing and abuseing.

4. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    Case peanut. SS, pocketworn, harvest orange.

5. David in FL

David in FL

Feb 14, 2008
    My Davison slippie....

God I love that little knife!

6. IVANKERLEY

IVANKERLEY

May 30, 2007
    my new meller yeller "lemon chiffon":D soddie jr
    and an old 3 blade western whittler 6504 (that was my grandads)
    ivan

7. tarmix101

tarmix101

Jun 14, 2005
    Same one I have carried for years. Vic "Farmer". :)

[​IMG]

8. pjsnell

pjsnell

Mar 26, 2005
    CV sodbuster jr., working on the patina. The yellow handle is growing on me.

9. WIL TERRY

WIL TERRY

Jan 6, 2004
    STOCKMAN in my front right pocket. It was personally approved by A.G.Russell the other day when he looked it over and said " ooooh, that is a NICE one."

10. Ron53

Ron53

Jul 30, 2007
    In my pocket today is my 22-year old Schrade Old Timer 34OT medium stockman. I'm away from home now, so my carry choices are a little limited.

Ron

11. scattershot

scattershot

May 31, 2007
    Rough Rider mini trapper.

12. stdwdh16

stdwdh16

Sep 17, 2006
    Case soddie jr black handle ss, and I couldn't be happier with it.

13. smiling-knife

smiling-knife

Nov 11, 2006
    I'm carrying my Case 62109 Wharncliffe blue bone that I acquired in a trade with my friend sunnyd. recently, I have been alternating this knife with an Ulster penknife on which I replaced the old plastic advertising scales with rosewood.

14. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2004

Maybe, but the fact that you took it with you when you left speaks of much.:thumbup:

15. Texas Slim

Texas Slim

Feb 12, 2007
    Nothing today. I'm at a MLB game and had to have my gear checked. :( Otherwise it would be my Case mini-trapper or possibly my Mcusta Take.

Kinda freaked out w/o a blade on me.

16. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    I haven't left the house yet, but the old trusty Schrade 340t's layin next to my wallet and I'm thinkin about grabbin the yellow Case mini trapper.....

17. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam

Dec 17, 2001
    Case Mini Trapper w/Wharncliff in Caribbean Blue. Not my favorite handle color, but I love the blades. May get it rehandled some day, since Case doesn't want to sell me this model in something normal, like stag, "bone stag", or even amber/caramel bone.

-- Sam

18. navihawk

navihawk

Feb 21, 2006
    Wave strapped to my belt and my 1993 stag bulldog sowbelly with acorn shield in my pocket.

19. bennyG19

bennyG19

Sep 22, 2007
    red vic farmer in my right pocket, yellow handled case cv peanut in my right pocket.

20. Absintheur

Absintheur Banned by Moderators

Jan 31, 2008
    These are with me everyday when I leave the house.

[​IMG]

The Catcherman lives in a pouch velcro'ed in the right hand holster pocker on mt 5/11 vest. The Cold Steel Mini-Pal serves as a zipper pull, the CRKT K.I.S.S. serves as a money clip, and the Leatherman Squirt is always in my watch pocket. These are not used when I reach for a knife but rather serve as safety and rescue tools.

Today I am wearing carpenter jeans. a bit roomier than my regular jeans so I picked out a larger knife to drop in my front pocket to handle the mundane cutting chores today. And of course a color coordinated lighter, a nice vintage Scripto...:D

[​IMG]