What was the worst most over hyped knife you ever bought?

Sebenza 25 for the asymmetric free rotating stop pin/spacer. If not tightened enough it can rotate stopping the blade. Enough tightness to ensure non-rotation and the blade gets dragged even though that's supposed to be controlled by pivot tightness. I also had to deburr one out the pivot bushings. Their paperwork included decals but no warning about the flat side on the pivot pin. I needed BF for that.

I am embarrassed to admit that I purchased a Medford knives 187 RMP. I knew the medford knives were thick, but never having seen one in person I researched what might be the most reasonable cutter that Medford made. I ordered the 187 RMP; it blew my brain up with the low hollow grind and thickness behind the edge. Also, just a thick blade; non slicey. I re-profiled the edge to help it cut a little better. So, I admit a fell for the hype and now can't resell it because it's not mint. Expensive lesson.

I'm going to catch flak for this but I'd say the Buck 110. I had owned many knock off's in the 80's because they were plentiful at flea markets and cheap. When I was in my 20's I finally bought the real deal. The edge hit the spring and it had vertical and horizontal play. I gave the knife away. My dad's 110 from about 1972 which is now in my possession was a tighter knife by far.

Back