What was your first fiddleback???

My first and still the only one I have is a 12" Fiddleback Machete with natural canvas micarta handle slabs. Got it in a trade last year. . . Hope to get some 4" knives some day and maybe a camp knife.

My first Fiddleback was the Osage handled Nessmuk in this pic. I later gifted it. I showed it to Raymond Richard at the first Blade Show I ever attended. It was from the first batch of Fiddlebacks. Mtnfolk Mike has/had one of them too.

Dness82-vi.jpg

Hey Andy, your recent offerings in Osage seem to be my favorites lately.

Got a 3 finger Karda on a trade, bought a GMS at Blade this year and got a snubnose and 12 machete.

Ok, so I'll play. This was my very first Fiddleback direct from Andy. Since, I have owned a total of 6 Fiddlebacks. I like them all, but this one still seems to be my favorite. The pictures just don't compare to what it looks like in hand. So, after using it once, and getting another one of Andy's knives shortly after, I decided to clean it up and admire it ever since. I just can't bring myself to muck it up. I know, it's a terrible dilemma. Anyway, here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Bushfinger in 01 with Dyed Maple Burl

IMG_1560-vi.jpg

IMG_1562-vi.jpg

IMG_1563-vi.jpg

IMG_1564-vi.jpg

Here's one showing the exposed tang:

IMG_1566-vi.jpg

Great looking scales. Hey Andy, please make more of these wood scaled bushfingers!!!

Ok, so I'll play. This was my very first Fiddleback direct from Andy. Since, I have owned a total of 6 Fiddlebacks. I like them all, but this one still seems to be my favorite. The pictures just don't compare to what it looks like in hand. So, after using it once, and getting another one of Andy's knives shortly after, I decided to clean it up and admire it ever since. I just can't bring myself to muck it up. I know, it's a terrible dilemma. Anyway, here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Bushfinger in 01 with Dyed Maple Burl

IMG_1560-vi.jpg

IMG_1562-vi.jpg

IMG_1563-vi.jpg

IMG_1564-vi.jpg

Here's one showing the exposed tang:

IMG_1566-vi.jpg

That is by far the best looking Fiddleback I have seen. What a beaut!!!!!!

12" machete. Most I've ever spent on a machete but worth every $. Now I need an 18"er too.
But since then and discovering this forum I have a good selection of FBs to fit my every cutting need :)
HB is in my pocket nearly every day.

Andy, you really need to do more in wood :cool:

My first was a 16" machete. It was so hot I bought four more (two 12", one 16", and one 18"). Although I guess one was free...

What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Fiddleback machetes. I could bend in the wind and buy a Fiddleback bushcrafter, but I haven't felt the pressure quite like I did when I first saw Andy's machete blanks. That's what hooked me. I'll be back for more, and a Bushcrafter is on the list.

My first is this Bushfinger with Cocobolo and Black Canvas Micarta

DSCN0157.jpg

My second is a matching Woodsman

DSCN0444.jpg

My first was this WONDERFUL Bushcrafter. My wife got it for me for our 1 year anniversary / Christmas present!

The black and blue is SO MUCH BETTER IN PERSON!!!

attachment.php

Sorry KHD, you might need to wipe the drool off of your knife, my bad! I like the blue and black G-10...

Now that has seen a little bush lovin'!!
Yep, took it up in the rain to do a fire . Wet wood in a light rain. Took 4 man hours to get that bitch burnin' good. awesome knife though.

Back