What was your first Himalayan imports purchase?

I bought a 15" ang khola made by Tirtha. It's my first choice for most uses. Sometimes I take it out of the sheath just to look at it and feel it in my hand but I'm weird like that.

My first was a BAS blem. I didn't read the rules and didn't send an email, missing the blem sale of the day. Auntie was incredibly kind, realizing I was a noob, and offered another blem she had around at a ridiculous price. A Bahkta BAS. Loved that blade. 50 blades later and I am still obsessed!

Yes! Not enough can be said of Yangdu's excellent customer service. She goes above and beyond! My first query on the CAK came back negative. The one I was looking for originally was gone! But she offered another one she had in stock....and that's how I got my first "done deal". Happy HI customer since.

xx

I bought a 15" ang khola made by Tirtha. It's my first choice for most uses. Sometimes I take it out of the sheath just to look at it and feel it in my hand but I'm weird like that.
I do the same thing. I like giving each one a little quality time every now and then. Look at it, feel it, check for rust, give it a few swings, see if it could use a sharpening, give it some oil. Sometimes just to have it near in the evening when relaxing before bed. Sometimes it comes to bed and sleeps on the night stand next to me. Remember that one kid that played with toys until he was a little too old for them? Yeah, that was me... I guess I'm still weird like that too.

Here is a picture of the one I spent some quality time with last night. One of my favorites.

I do the same thing. I like giving each one a little quality time every now and then. Look at it, feel it, check for rust, give it a few swings, see if it could use a sharpening, give it some oil. Sometimes just to have it near in the evening when relaxing before bed. Sometimes it comes to bed and sleeps on the night stand next to me. Remember that one kid that played with toys until he was a little too old for them? Yeah, that was me... I guess I'm still weird like that too.

Here is a picture of the one I spent some quality time with last night. One of my favorites.
Guys I do the same thing especially on the weekend when I’m off! I’ll get one of my guns(AR or AK) and have it on the living room floor where I sit along with 2(usually) of my Knives! My son will pop up at our house...whom I effected with the fever..HI, that is, and gun fever as well. He’ll walk through the house, spot my weapons, and shake his head (remember this motto:
Guns before huns and knives before wives):cool:
Thank God my wife has tolerated me for 32 years!

Last edited:
Yes that's completely normal. Your ok. I'm not a shrink but I stayed in the Holiday Inn once.

I grab a couple different knives each day to join me on my desk! Just to handle and enjoy. I thought this was normal...

Normal is overrated.

Like "average." The average American family has 2.5 children. Nobody would want that. I made up the 2.5, since I don't know what the average really is.

Mine was a Shop 1 BAS. Circa 1998-99. To this day it still has the closest to perfect sized and shaped handle out of my bunch. It feels like it was made for my hand.

First: A NORMAL Person is somebody you don't know very well.

and more to the point of the thread, my first was a 15" AK, then trying for practical use for my limited outdoor camping needs, a 12 inch villager AK--with slightly bigger handle. Still got 'em, still use 'em, just not as much.

I actually became addicted to the HI Forum, more than the blades. Bill Martino was a life lesson in the flesh; he taught me or reinforced what I believed by his simple acting of living.

These two. I honestly can't remember which arrived first The Reitite came direct from the forum drop.

I got them nearly together.
vCoFy6i.jpg

I grab an armload of knives an put them by my easy chair in the evening. Sharpening. Checking them out....

Had these ones out the other day.....

j0sgSCn.jpg

Last edited:
These two. I honestly can't remember which arrived first The Reitite came direct from the forum drop.

I got them nearly together.
vCoFy6i.jpg

I grab an armload of knives an put them by my easy chair in the evening. Sharpening. Checking them out....

Had these ones out the other day.....

j0sgSCn.jpg
It's so therapuetic isn't it ?

Silver mounted and hand carved 15" AK by Master Bura. Go crescent moon! E pluribus unum.

Me too! Mine was a Dragon carved (both sides) Silver Mounted hand carved 15" by Rajkumar. Awesome! We have good taste. I wish I had mine done by Bura, but the only Bura I have is a Crow Knife made by him.

Me too! Mine was a Dragon carved (both sides) Silver Mounted hand carved 15" by Rajkumar. Awesome! We have good taste. I wish I had mine done by Bura, but the only Bura I have is a Crow Knife made by him.
I absolutely love the Crow Knife.

Back