What was your first Siegle knife?

not2sharp

Platinum Member
8 inch knax.jpg
My First knife from Bill was one of his Knax knives, which was a heavy cleaver/knife combination with a broad 8" blade, made from 1/4" 5160. I believe that one dates to early 2000 and there have been a few others since. Bill always keeps it innovative and seem willing to constantly try new ideas for camp knives and fighters.

What was your first introduction to Bill's knives?

n2s

Last edited:
This one is my first Siegle. Haven't regretted it one bit, it just has led to more Siegles :D.

za4imzw.jpg

714AF6E0-6A6A-439A-BA86-A45D5B6AA73B.jpeg 5F81EB29-B73D-46FF-B7E0-AAE6618AF5BF.jpeg I don’t have it any longer, but it was one of the value knives. Epoxy cord wrapped handle. Fairly inexpensive, I think low $100s. Never heard of Bill prior to it, but it could take abuse unlike any other knives of the time. I threw it at a plywood target and being the accurate deadly world renowned knife thrower I am, missed the 4x6 sheet entirely and the knife impacted the driveway. Expecting it to be serrated I begrudgingly walked over to find only the concrete drive way chipped and the knife was still near perfect. Been buying them ever since and trying to convince him to make me an original Hoodlum!!!

And a 3rd one but it won’t let me upload the image!!!! Grrrrrr. Stupid formats

Last edited:
..... and trying to convince him to make me an original Hoodlum!!!.....

mini hoodlum.jpgSmall 6 inch hoodlum.jpg
8 inch hoodlum.jpg 12 inch large hoodlum.jpg

He use to make them in a few different sizes (above Hoodlum Neck Knife 3", Small Hoodlum 6", Medium Hoodlum 8" and Large Hoodlum 12" blades).

He also made a few with cross guards:
ironwood hoodlum.jpg

n2s

Last edited:
Back