What was your first Spyderco?

it was an old frn rescue. I was first getting into knives and was at my friends house (still in high school at this point) and his dad hands it to me saying it's been sitting in his gun safe for about 15 years and he never uses it so i could have it. I traded it away but looking back i kind of wish i would have kept it. sorry for the low quality pics, i had a not so good camera phone way back when.

SSPX0340.jpg

SSPX0341.jpg

SSPX0343.jpg

SSPX0345.jpg

My first Spyderco was the Military. Seldom carried. Owned it for a while but finally sold it a couple of days ago.

The Delica in ZDP. I was asked at work about the "best" knife steel and started reading about the newer blade types and technologies which can make them. After reading for a bit I decided to try a ZDP blade & the Delica kept coming up in conversations online. This is still a favorite knife of mine, but I do find it can change from time to time (D-fly, Bradley, etc).

Do Byrds count? If they do, then my first was a Cara Cara ll G10. If Byrds don't count, I got a Tenacious soon afterward.

I was instantly hooked. Now, a little more than a year later, I have:

Tenacious, foliage green
Persistance, blue
PM2, digi cam, with black blade
Manix 2, standard
Manix 2 lightweight, transparent blue
Superleaf
Chokwe

I love them all!

dragonfly, picked it up on sale at REI for 25 bucks and immediately cut the hell out of my index finger. FRN clip snapped off after a couple years, moved on to bigger knives, gave it to a now-ex gf who probably lost it.

Back