1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by kershaw22, Jan 26, 2011.

1. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    I have worn many brands of watches, Elgin, Benrus, Waltham (my favorite many many many years ago), Seiko, Timex, Rolex, etc. I was always very rough on watches and they rarely lasted a year, which is why I have worn so many. I even carried pocket watches for a while.

The last wristwatch I wore was a Timex Expedition. I had two of those in fact. And I keep that last one by the head of my bed for old times sake even though the battery ran out many years ago.

[​IMG]

But alas those days are long gone. I got dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and my phone is my watch now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    NWPilgrim likes this.
  2. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Most of the 20-30 somethings I work with do not wear watches, just use their phones. I’m still old school with Casio ProTrek strapped to my wrist. Different times!

3. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    I'm 28, work with a bunch of people from 18 to 70. Most of the watch-wearing crowd are 30 and below.

Different...places?

4. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    My daughter (28) wears a watch. A smart watch...

5. bdmicarta

bdmicarta

Feb 16, 2012
    What do you call someone who doesn't wear a watch?

You call them "late".

6. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    Have worn the Alpina in awhile so she's my watch of the week :)

[​IMG]

popedandy, skyhorse, FLymon and 3 others like this.
  7. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    This one this week. Nearly 70 year old c.342 hammerwind Seamaster
    [​IMG]

popedandy, skyhorse, FLymon and 3 others like this.
  8. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    My Timex Expedition says "hi"

[​IMG]

Wrong direction, dude. You've carrying a pocket watch and that is so 19th century.

I thought I was allergic to metal when I started teaching in 1975, and needing a watch — my school's clocks all kept different times — I bought a Westclox Pocket Ben. Bought it at Sears for $8 and then I found it at the wino liquor store across the street for $6. But that's another story . . .

[​IMG]

I really got tired of dragging this thing out of my pocket. Not to mention needing a hand free to check the time. No thanks, no more pocket watches for me! Especially big fragile ones that aren't even waterproof. What a step backwards.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    skyhorse and NSBFL like this.
  9. NSBFL

NSBFL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2013
    Recently added factory mesh to my vintage Semaster Cosmic

[​IMG]

skyhorse and khopesh like this.
  10. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    When I wear one, Luminox and a Chase-Durer

WValtakis likes this.
  11. CPP

CPP Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2014
    In Wilton?

12. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

skyhorse likes this.
  13. Rob S.

Rob S.

Aug 8, 2015
    That's affirmative!

14. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    88AC965E-B478-417F-BD2E-5F5323C82913.jpeg Timefactors speedbird 111

skyhorse and Rob S. like this.
  15. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    ;):thumbsup:

Screenshot_20190916-024907_Gallery.jpg

skyhorse and bonzodog like this.
  16. Gress

Gress

Feb 8, 2009
    [​IMG]

Rob S. likes this.
  17. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

bonzodog and Rob S. like this.
  18. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    F2407652-3E20-478A-9468-AF8D61DB8D04.jpeg DS 30.

Rob S. likes this.
  19. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Watches are "back in fashion", so many young people wear them.

20. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    I asked my nephew why he doesn't wear a watch years ago when he was in HS and he said he's got a phone. While he was in college, he had an interest in watches so I gave him one of my first Tag Heuers that I scraped and saved for when I was in college. He's been wearing it for a few years now.

batosai117 likes this.