Hesstimation

Gold Member
GRMDMK2I_500x600.jpg

Garmin Descent Mk2i watch/dive computer

Piso Mojado

Basic Member
this one today....

View attachment 1570361

a cheapy but still swiss made, quality isn't bad. been a good wearer for the money when I got it.
Charles Conrad took his Glycine into space on Gemini 5, as he called it "eight days in a garbage can."
Conrad and Gordon Cooper on USS Lake Champlain after splashdown, 29 August 1965.

Conrad1.jpg

Conrad's Glycine Airman with dial fully facing the camera. Charles wore three watches; the other watch in the photograph was NASA's Omega Speedmaster.

Conrad2.jpg

jbmonkey

Supreme windbag
Platinum Member
Charles Conrad took his Glycine into space on Gemini 5, as he called it "eight days in a garbage can."
Conrad and Gordon Cooper on USS Lake Champlain after splashdown, 29 August 1965.

View attachment 1570474

Conrad's Glycine Airman with dial fully facing the camera. Charles wore three watches; the other watch in the photograph was NASA's Omega Speedmaster.

View attachment 1570476
yeah the airman is their famous model and was quite a good one. i dont own one of those. I only have this modern diver which I enjoy, but it comes under the Invicta ownership of glycine. Im not a fan of invictas watches or business model, but they have kept some of the glycines I do like in production. such as the airman and combat diver. still so thats a good thing.

Piso Mojado

Basic Member
Invicta Pro Diver 0420

Invicta1.jpg

Invicta2.jpg

Invicta3.jpg

Why this? It has a Seiko NH35A movement and a titanium case and bracelet. Amazon's marketing computer puts it on sale twice a year for around $80. I thought hey, I don't own a titanium watch, and I set a price alert. Let's compare it to another cheap diver watch, my Corgeut 2010C-SRB.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-watch-do-you-wear.814427/post-20522448

The Corgeut weights 6 oz. and the Invicta weights 4 oz. Can I tell the difference? Sure I can. It's easy to forget I'm wearing the Invicta. I never forget the Corgeut is there. If you don't adjust the bracelet very precisely, the Corgeut slops around on your wrist and looks bad. The Invicta just sits there. So let's hear it for titanium! Not a great feature but worth having.

Last edited:

Piso Mojado

Basic Member
Seiko SKX009K

Seiko SKX009.jpg

Seiko SKX009-2.jpg

Good lume.

It came with Seiko's stiff silicon strap which I replaced with Seiko's jubilee bracelet for 009K2. An easy swap and cheap. The three center rows are folded links, which makes the bracelet lighter and more flexible, but doesn't get respect on watch forums. Look elsewhere for a bracelet if your wrist is larger than 8" (203mm).

Last edited:

The Zieg

Gold Member
LdyAjXkl.jpg

The independent hour hand makes this quartz model a great travel watch. I had a different bezel put on it. It's much grippier than the original.
Independent adjustment of the hour hand? That's clever! Well done on the bezel, too. Is it Omega or another manufacturer? Yours is a great watch. I narrowly avoided being an automatic/mechanical watch snob. I inherited the Breitling Aerospace and was exposed to Citizen's radio controlled atomic clock watches in time to wow me with their unparalleled accuracy. I also encountered the Bulova Accutron and learned about the history of quartz technology.

marchone

Gold Member
Independent adjustment of the hour hand? That's clever! Well done on the bezel, too. Is it Omega or another manufacturer? Yours is a great watch. I narrowly avoided being an automatic/mechanical watch snob. I inherited the Breitling Aerospace and was exposed to Citizen's radio controlled atomic clock watches in time to wow me with their unparalleled accuracy. I also encountered the Bulova Accutron and learned about the history of quartz technology.

Thanks. It's an Omega Planet Ocean bezel with an aftermarket ceramic insert. Perfect fit on both.

Quartz is very useful for a grab and go watch you don't have to set but once in a while for the date. ETA quartz movements as in the Omega can be accurate on the wrist to +/-5-10 sec per year while Grand Seiko and Citizen quartz movements range from +/-5 spy to +/-1 spy. The Seamaster is a classic in its own right, but I have a dozen mechanical watches too, including a Speedmaster I've posted on here before.

I have my eye on a Dodane Type 23 Quartz, a multi-function pilot's watch. It's very clever. http://www.dodane1857.com/44-collection/type-23/quartz/