What whiskey is best for a well aged Cuban?

Actually, a good Cuban, would go better with a good well aged rum, in my mind.

Ron Zacapa 23 years old is one of my very favourite rums.
In many cases I prefer rum over whiskey.

I was thinking this all along... when I was in Havana, I had Havana Club, dark 7year, and it went with cigars very well. I prefer whisky, scotch, bourbon over rum... but a good dark rum goes very well with an aged Cuban smoke. For bourbon, I'd go Widow Jane, for scotch, Ardbeg Corryverkan, but hell man, with a cigar that good, drink what you like... even a Knob Creek Rye would be fine to sip. Lately, I reach for Widow Jane 10year/ aged in American Oak Casks.

I ended up going with espresaso, frothed milk, baileys and sailor jerry. I dont have the palate for the straight whiskeys and rums, this combo really hit the spot.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

The cubanwas smoked down to the nub, tomorrow a ten year old padron anniversario!

As long as your Cuban friend is at least 21 years old, I'd say you're good to go with whatever you have on hand.

If he's over 90 years old, I'd stick to 80 proof stuff or less and not much of it...at that age they already have mobility problems usually and ya don't need to be making him any more tipsy...maybe just a hot toddy or egg nog before his bedtime if he's really elderly.

I'd probably try The Macallan scotch...but my fall back whiskey I swear by is Jameson..
I've drank tons of, Jack, Beam, S7, Makers, ect.. when I tried Jameson.. I was sold.. so smooth and easy to shoot.. an it just gives me a happy, content feeling.

Back