1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What would you like to see from Cold Steel in 2018?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by mastiffhound, Jun 1, 2017.

1. willrise

willrise Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Still waiting on 2017 stuff to show up.But on the wish list is plain edge desperado with g10 handle

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    this (not my pic)

[​IMG]

3. me2

me2

Oct 11, 2003
    I'd like to see a Long Hunter/Scalper in new steel, 3V or O1, something like that. I have an old one in Carbon V, and would like an updated one.

hugofeynman likes this.
  4. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) Some buyers are now paying "collector prices" for the old Carbon V models ! :cool:

5. me2

me2

Oct 11, 2003
    Really? I was going to give this one to my brother. Probably still will. It's not in pristine shape, and I replaced the handles with new ones in Cherry wood a couple of years ago.

DocJD likes this.
  6. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    The return of the Talwar as well as a 3.5" model

Folders in 3v. Preferably at least one with the thumb plate opener(I love this feature).

Recon 1 with a thumb plate opener. I love my talwar but it is a very purpose driven design.

I hate the goldeneye..... do away with this nonsense. On the right track though With implementing S35VN but not necessary. I get that CS wants to break into higher price point folders, but that isn't their bread and butter.

Use of blue G10 on other models. AK47, Recon series, and whatever else you think needs it. Also blue models with DLC. I don't like shiny clips.

A smaller version of the tiger claw. The handle is MASSIVE lol

Once more because it would be amazing. 3v in folders. Do a limited release of the Recon 1 4" and see how well it sells before doing anything beyond that. In all reality the handle and/or lock will give out before you break the blade.

DocJD likes this.
  7. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    I'd love to see an XL version of the Immortal. It's a very cool looking knife but with only a 4"blade it's just too small to be taken seriously as a gladius. Come on Cold Steel, why so cautious? Or is Pee Wee Herman really running the show now?

TIZWIN and DocJD like this.
  8. tavor556

tavor556

Aug 2, 2015
    I like to see a scorpion lock knife with 3-3.5 inch blade

9. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    An 1861 pattern Bowie, Micarta handle, nickel guard, shiny S3V blade.

jbmonkey likes this.
  10. Joshua J.

Joshua J.

Feb 27, 2005
    The Colossus sounds like a great model to get the Grivory handle treatment. I've been on the edge of getting the G-10 version for a while, but the design pretty much fits Wanimator's description to a T, only it needs lower cost materials.

I'd also take a 5" Colossus, Griv-Ex or G-10.

11. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    How about kukri made from modern handle materials like micarta or G10 with Polish aircraft grade aluminum bolster and bottom cap. 3v blade or xhp or O1 coated with Dlc. Two sizes a smaller one for edc and a full sized one.

12. Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

Sep 26, 2005
    mini bushman.

upnorth and DocJD like this.
  13. mark70

mark70

Apr 8, 2017
    :D For 2017/2018 i would like to see kobun and gurkha kukri in CPM-3V with satin blades, fantastic :D

TIZWIN, tsuba, Mikke and 1 other person like this.
  14. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Jan 9, 2006
    Still hoping for an XL Tuff Lite with a 4" blade. They could do an econo model, which would just be a larger version of the current TL, and then they could do a higher end model with XHP blade and G10 handle.

15. ohmyheckinslc

ohmyheckinslc

Nov 4, 2005
    -Nun-chuks...
    -A Triad-lock-based scale release auto.
    :)

16. mastiffhound

mastiffhound

Dec 27, 2013
    I was just looking at the catalog and wouldn't mind a Recon 1, Broken Skull, and American Lawman in that Damascus DSC. They could keep the too slick in the hand carbon fiber though.

17. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2002
    Ti-Lite with a Tri-Ad for starters. Then an upgraded version of the Tuff Lite.

TIZWIN likes this.
  18. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Smaller version of the Frenzy.

19. berzerker

berzerker

Jan 27, 2002
    Wharncliffe Recon 1 with reinforced spine (no swedge).

G. Scott H. likes this.
  20. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Jan 9, 2006
    That would be awesome. :thumbsup::cool: