Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

I love single blade gunstock patterns and stainless steel. I saw Traditionalpocketknives.com had these beauties on sale and I couldn't resist.
**Stock photo from Traditionalpocketknives.com
View attachment 831950
This was an extremely disappointing mail call. Right after I opened the package I called the dealer and then drove to the p.o. to return. After opening this I understand why S&M Queen is closing shop. At least the dealer is great and I'll be exchanging for a GEC.

Not exactly Traditional, but close enough that I'm going to post it anyways:
A Mora Eldris.
I'm not sure how it will work for me, but it's inexpensive and I figured it's worth trying it to find out.

Long ugly story regarding this Blue Sparkle Kirinite 07 but one is finally burning up the highway between there and here. After all the drama, I just hope it's as represented.
Stock picture.
s-l1600.jpg

Not for me, but a good buddy from the Marines and I were talking last week. His Old Timer he got about 40 years ago has been sharpened enough times he thinks if he were to try slicing a tomato, the tomato would cut the blade in two. I didn't say anything but a guy I made some recent purchases from still had a USA made 80T. I contacted him and sent the money, he's going to send it to my buddy. Should be a surprise, but he will no doubt know where it came from.

IMG_0051.jpg

Not exactly Traditional, but close enough that I'm going to post it anyways:
A Mora Eldris.
I'm not sure how it will work for me, but it's inexpensive and I figured it's worth trying it to find out.

Deep down, a part of me wants Peregrin Peregrin to come along and move your post to General. :D

Seriously, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the Eldris. A buddy of mine at work has been contemplating buying one since they launched. It's a funky, interesting little thing.

Deep down, a part of me wants Peregrin Peregrin to come along and move your post to General. :D

Seriously, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the Eldris. A buddy of mine at work has been contemplating buying one since they launched. It's a funky, interesting little thing.
LOL. "Sauce for the goose."
Like your friend, I've been curious about it since it came out. All the YouTube reviews I've seen are on using it as a wood's knife. Not a usage I have anymore. But I do find value in a small fixed blade, so I wanted to try this as a blade for the city.

This was an extremely disappointing mail call. Right after I opened the package I called the dealer and then drove to the p.o. to return. After opening this I understand why S&M Queen is closing shop. At least the dealer is great and I'll be exchanging for a GEC.
I bought a #56 on sale from the same site, similarly disappointing. My only experience with the S&M branded stuff and it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth, if not for my other (positive) experiences with Queen I likely wouldn't consider purchasing another S&M without handling it first.

I bought and sold a Queen #06L with the amber carved bone stag recently, I was still thinking about the overtravel/spring rap and got a good offer so I decided to let it go. I immediately missed the knife upon shipping it off, though (and a bit of rubber in the handle was an adequate solution I think), so I went ahead and bought another one. The fit and finish on my last example was very good so I'm hoping this one is equally nice. Definitely going to hold onto this one, should be here this week.

Queen Cutlery's Teardrop liner lock is a very fine knife, get it sharp and you won't want for anything:)

My last Queen purchase was a brand new single blade Schatt 69Jack in Black bone, this was in Nov 2016. An appalling knife in every way, dye ran from handles, gaps, jammed action and a really tinny thin cheap blade with rubbish etch. I couldn't send it back really as I live in Europe and it's complicated etc. But, if it was indicative of what they were turning out recently it's no surprise they had to stop. Sad but true.:(

knarfeng knarfeng Did you ever do a review of the Katz stockman?

Not yet. Don't have a fully formed opinion of it, because I have not given it sufficient pocket time. It's a bigger knife than I usually carry, so it has not gotten as much pocket time. The blades are all immaculately machined with swedges on both sides of each blade. The blades are machined, not stamped and the difference is noticeable. Gorgeous. Spring strength is light, about like your average Buck 301. zero blade rub, even when opening and closing it. springs are dead nuts flat in the closed position. And very very close to it when a blade is opened. I need to give it more pocket time.

Not yet. Don't have a fully formed opinion of it, because I have not given it sufficient pocket time. It's a bigger knife than I usually carry, so it has not gotten as much pocket time. The blades are all immaculately machined with swedges on both sides of each blade. The blades are machined, not stamped and the difference is noticeable. Gorgeous. Spring strength is light, about like your average Buck 301. zero blade rub, even when opening and closing it. springs are dead nuts flat in the closed position. And very very close to it when a blade is opened. I need to give it more pocket time.
Sounds like a favorable early impression. Thanks for the update.

I haven't had much luck with Case I've bought online either. I love Case patterns, but I have to go to a brick and mortar dealer to look at multiple examples to find a good one.

Last edited:
Just orderd a Case Bose Lannys Clip Sporting Damascus with Dark molasses covers :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I haven't had much luck with Case I've bought online either. I love Case patterns, but I have to go to a brick and mortar dealer to look at multiple examples to find a good one.
I really like Case knives as well, but the handful I have bought were only after filtering through handfuls of others that didn't pass my moderate quality standards. The only ones I've handled that seem consistently well put together are the swaybacks... and I haven't pulled the trigger on any of those because of price... yet.

A akaMatt I ordered two of the new run of SBJ's in Chesnut CV.

Unfortunately only one was acceptable, the other went to the Case Repair Center.

Last edited:
Thank you Sir !
I hope so to and this time I went directly threw a case / bose only dealer :thumbsup: I also called them directly to verify And answer a few questions for me before shipping :thumbsup:

I've had very good luck with the single blade collaborations. I have the Lanny's, Pruner, and the Tribal..all are very nice.

Back