Whatcha listening to right now?

trying to study while "multitasking" whipping up some toasty medicinal olive oil and, obviously, getting sidetracked on BF...

Wilco and Uncle Tupelo, not necessarily the most amazing stuff ever performed music-wise, but timeless for me

what are you listening to?

Returns out of Arizona. When I was studying, I liked to listen to the soundtracks from LOTR, Gladiator, and other epic movies. No lyrics to distract and it made the task feel more important than it actually was.

I listen to a lot of different artists. I've been enjoying Billy Strings lately, Sturgill Simpson is very interesting. I like primarily country, old school and new school stuff. There's some good stuff in there amongst the "pop" country. I like Morgan Wallen, and Hardy also.

Hallmark Christmas movie music. I have been meaning to for years to get out my Dan Foggleburg tape, I think was called High Country Snows.

what do you folks like to listen to on Christmas Eve/day?

I'll make sure to share Chanukah music when the time comes :)

that, and some Mothers of Invention :cool:

Didn't Adam Sandler come up with a Chanukah song? :D The only other one I remember was that goes " Chanukah, chanukah, festival of light, candles all in row, every day and night....."

the one I have in mind is a bit more 90's "punk" (I'll never really understand what the term means), but I do believe you're right

there are a number of such songs, perhaps some less serious than others :)

the one I have in mind is a bit more 90's "punk" (I'll never really understand what the term means), but I do believe you're right

there are a number of such songs, perhaps some less serious than others :)

In the 80s we called it Punk, in the 90s I think they used the term Progressive, so I think the music itself has changed too, the style of it.

"The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul, by Douglas Adams. The unabridged version. Read by the author Douglas Adams. Chapter 11"

I like the funny voices he does.

trying to study while "multitasking" whipping up some toasty medicinal olive oil and, obviously, getting sidetracked on BF...

Wilco and Uncle Tupelo, not necessarily the most amazing stuff ever performed music-wise, but timeless for me

what are you listening to?

I’m both a Wilco and Uncle Tupelo fan too!

To show my age, I actually like Kenny G's Song Bird when it came out, light jazz. Like I used to hear in the dentist's office. I used to like playing my James Taylor greatest hits album too. I also like Spanish guitar so I have a few CDs from Target I bought years ago. Very melodic.

sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be a great evil genius plan to have the music in dentist offices contain subliminal messages pertaining to good oral hygiene and such

like hidden messages in their XM radio songs about it being better to brush twice a day than once, etc

it's a job for team wonder, Machine Learning Man and Algorithm Boy to the rescue!

Back