• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Whatever happened to...

kamagong

Gold Member
Baburam and Sunder? We haven't heard from them in a while. Are they still with BirGorkha or did they fail to make the final cut? Speaking of which, can you tell which kamis are in the present HI lineup?

No more Murali? Too bad, I was hoping that he would be able to create a khukuri in the Sherpa style, like old Kancha Kami used to make.

If Baburam and Sunder are no longe there would that make my 20" Kobra a collectible?

Uncle, is Kumar still around?

Vince

------------------
Stay sharp and be Safe!
------- ---- ---------
That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.
F.W. Nietzche

Uncle, what a shame to lose that talent!
frown.gif
Are any of the newer guys as good? As you know I been gone a while!
wink.gif

Vince

------------------
Stay sharp and be Safe!
------- ---- ---------
That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.
F.W. Nietzche

Wow...

Sher and Kumar both gone.
frown.gif

I understand tho about going back to the farm, it is a sad thing that the farm will not be there for me when I go home some day. Oh well, the great spirit does not close a door without opening another.

I am sure that Gelbu will find a couple of talented kamis. As we all can see by Durba, there is talent left out there. I am also sure that there are people who want to work.

Have faith Uncle.

Kumar's leaving is a loss for us all. He had "style".

Nobody made 'em beefier than Sher.

Durba seems a worthy addition, that's for sure.

The master, Bura, and master-to-be,Sanu, are certainly the kamis for any new guys to learn from.

That's too bad about Kumar and Sher. I wonder where the creator of the Kumar Karda, Kobra, and Malla went. I hope that he comes back because as Rdnzl said, Kumar had style. Uncle, did Sher go back to the farm for good, or did he just go back to help with the harvest?

I'm not sure about Sher. I can't blame him for wanting to keep the farm going and in the family. But, I doubt that we will ever see Kumar again. He was given a mandatory lay off because of dangerous horseplay with a khukuri in the shop and after that things were never the same between him and Gelbu and the rest of the workers. I hated to lose him because he was a good kami and I liked him personally but we can't tolerate behavior that endangers life and limb of employees no matter how good the guy is or how much we might like him personally.

------------------
Blessings from the computer shack in Reno.

Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ
Himalayan Imports Archives (33,000 + posts)

Back