What's a good straight razor?

elyknives PM me contact please I made a boo boo you might have to delete your last 2 posts.

We can't use bladeforums for this unless you have a membership level that allows the type of sales you are into. I am afraid I jumped the gun here by making inquiries about this. I would advise you to delete any sales related posts. I am sorry for asking you this as I don't want to get you in a bind.

What's a a good straight razor to get for shaving?

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, it depends if you are a beginner or you want to upgrade your current straight razor. If you are a beginner, you need to check some of the easiest razors to use like Folding Handle Razor, if it is the latter then get something with a good quality and nice looks. Personally I recommend you to check this article on[spam removed] about straight razors types and prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I need to do first is to learn how to shave with a straight razor first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.
If you go to you tube you can find many videos on straight razor shaving. Sometimes it helps to not only be told how to but to see how to use a good blade. Also you can practice with a butter knife and shaving cream. I've started a few men out with an old razor that was no good and removed the cutting edge so they could practice and not get bloody. There are many razors out there and I would bet none of them come shave ready or even pass the hanging hair test for razors. No matter where you get your razor (unless it's from someone that hones it for you the first time) you will need to get it honed by an expert. you will need a strop. don't buy the best because the first strop useally will be nicked and cut starting out. wait untill you get proficent with the blade before going in to an expensive strop. You tube also has some good videos on honing and what hones the pros use. I've been using a straight for many years now. and have owned many razors. over 200. After all that I'm down to 4 Henckels that I use most of the time.

Back