What's been in your collections the longest?

DRM

Gold Member
Many of you have bought, sold, and traded several khuks and knives over the years. I'm interested in knowing which ones have held your interest. Here's mine:

Victorinox SAK Outrider (left-pocket EDC)
Gene Ingram Wharncliff (right-pocket EDC)
Karesuando Ornen puukko (hunting, general utility, and weekend EDC)
Shinichi Watanabe 135mm Ajikiri Deba (fish, culinary)
15", 21 oz, Kumar AK w/ saastial handle (chopping)

I also have a Sean O'Hare custom on order.

You don't say how long you've held those items, DRM?

The pocket knives my father gave me in high school were stolen from me when I was in college. Don't get drunk in a dorm room and leave something lying around and expect it to be there the next day. The upper crust of society you know- our college bound.

Not counting a Case SS two blade folder pocket knife I got in 1988, my oldest blade is pretty much the Chitangi from HI I got in 2003, not very long ago, I know.

munk

Opinel
SwissChamp XLT
H.I. Original Pen Knife

That's easy. A 15" HI AK. The first thing I bought from HI, and it got me started on this knife craze. In the decades before that a SAK and an Old Hickory butcher knife did me fine. Now I have Spyderco, Cold Steel, Ontario, various customs ...

My first Boy Scout knife -- an Imperial product. Medium-good product but lots better than some that followed.

A week later, my Uncle Harold gave me his 225Q from WWII. That really pleased me no end. I was not sure he knew I existed amongst the flock of nephews and nieces. He said he thought I was ready for it. It's in my BOB 'cause it doesn't get left behind.

The one I've had the longest is a Swiss Army Champ my parents bought me when I made Star in Boy Scouts. I've also had an old timer my grandad gave me since around then too.

Right now my favorite knife in my collection is my Sarge Sgian Dubh. And a close second is my Karda by Sher.

Andy

In the 1978 I was a member of a kite flying club in Montreal, Canada. Another member did some fixing on our kites with a nice Swiss Army knife. He left without it, never to be seen again. If you're that guy, I've still got your knife!

Other than my old mans knives, I got at 15 when he died, I'd say my Schrade 51OT, I've had it since I bought it in 75'.

attachment.php

My oldest knife is a Pearl Handled Sleeveboard with a tooth pick and and ear pick probably around the late 1800's.

attachment.php

By the way I also have an old Military Gurkha Kukri my brother gave me back in 77'.

Khukuris are quite new to my collection but they are there. Although not considered part of the collection yet, my EDC Shrade stockman has been with me the longest... since the early '60s. My first custom knife started the collection off in 4/2002. The Army boots started off in 1970 and are still seeing duty. :D

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN1581.jpg

Carried that Stockman in the Uncle Henry version for years. (In fact, I wonder why I stopped. Great combination of blades and easy on the pockets.)

Back