What's coming next from REKAT?

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey guys, do any of you have some insight as to what's coming next from REKAT?

I have a couple of more knife purchase "allowances" for the next month or two and I'm searching for a FS Carni and a Carni Cub in Green G-10.

I don't want to track them down just to have 3 or 4 new must have's come out and me be left with no $$$.

I'd hold off to see the new stuff if I knew something was coming soon.

------------------
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun" Al Capone

[This message has been edited by cpirtle (edited 05-19-2001).]

I'd SURE like to get my hands on a REKAT Gijan Warrior Knife!.
smile.gif

Their web-site shows it, but from what I understand, it is not in production...
frown.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Well I think that the Savant's are going to be the next knife coming from REKAT. If you want to take a look at them try this link
www.rekat.com/savant.html
smile.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

'Pears to me the Savant could just as easily have been named Pioneer III. But, have to be more expensive with both aluminum handles and G-10 scales. Oh well, at least they come in multiple colors.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

From the pictures, and what I've read, I'm not all that impressed with the new "Savant" folder. I agree that it really could have been named a Pioneer III, 'tho.

I'd like to see a larger version of the Pocket Hobbit (the size of a Sifu), and a smaller Carnivour Cub (2&3/4 inch blade).
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

There will also be a lot more finishing involved on the Savant, the scales on the Pioneer II were just cut out and bead blasted. I think it will definately be higher $$.

I don't see anything real compelling in it and I actually prefer all G-10 (like the Pioneer)

Something in the sub 3" range would definately be nice!
------------------
Banner.JPG

[This message has been edited by cpirtle (edited 05-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by cpirtle (edited 05-20-2001).]

Well gentlemen, the reason the Savant could be called the Pioneer III is simple. The Savant's blades appear to be identical to the Pioneer series. I'm still on the fence about the Savants, I love the multiple colors, I don't know if I like the G-10 inserts. If all goes well, the Sifu I coming will be the last REKAT for a while. I'm looking at maybe getting a custom.

------------------

The customs are still out of my league, for now.

I'm leaning toward just buying a MOD CQD MKII to quench my "new knife thirst" for a while, then just see what happens.

But I have a line on a Red Carni I may pick up instead, I'll see when the guy gets back to me.

------------------
Banner.JPG

The first run of Savant's are done and on there way to dealers. The Savant does share the same blade as the Pioneer but to call it a Pioneer III wouldn’t do justice to this knife. The new aluminum handle being vastly different from what we at REKAT have done in the past. From feed back we have received about our knives being heavy, thick, and bulky these areas of design have been addressed with the Savant. Lighter weight than the Pioneer, the Savant also has slimmer thinner more elegant feel in the hand. Along with the new design came new manufacturing techniques that will crossover to the Carnivore light, Carnivore Cub Light, and The Ontos that give the knives a more finished look. Now for the best part the Savant has a lower suggested retail price that is less than the Pioneer II.
Bob Brothers

I'm happy to hear that the Savants have been released. I'll be keeping an eye on the Dealers' Forum. Bob, can you give us a rough ETA on the Carnivore lightweights? TIA.

------------------
Cheers,
Brian

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

Glad to hear from you Bob! So the Savant is lighter and cheaper than the Pioneer II! I guess I'll need to add one to the knife bag.
smile.gif
Cpirtle, customs may just prove to be out of my league. I am going to take a good long hard look at them anyway.
smile.gif

------------------

Ah yes, Savants. With an all important integral "finger guard". Price sounds right. But with tip up carry only.
frown.gif

Nakano

Back