Whats da deal with da 1st noplay da otf design

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. It took decades 4 us 2 hav it
2. Carries by Not really famous otf brand . 😄

Y
Is it wearing out fast or smth?

They better make Dat guy Wvaltakis their CEO.

Ok Riddler, I have to ask: What knife are you talking about? I’m gathering a dual-action, out-the-front automatic knife made by an off-brand that apparently has eliminated the problem of blade play common in this type of knife…
Am I close?

y9j.gif

Ok Riddler, I have to ask: What knife are you talking about? I’m gathering a dual-action, out-the-front automatic knife made by an off-brand that apparently has eliminated the problem of blade play common in this type of knife…
Am I close?
G&G Hawk Dead Lock but only if you don't consider them "famous".

Yes the SOG Pentagon OTF has no play, however Captain Grammar seems to imply that they are not reliable, and that he thinks WValtakis WValtakis should work for them. I'm not sure how that would solve anything though.

Back in the late 90's through 2010 I was a SOG fanboy.

Their new OTF hasn't been on the market long enough to really get an idea of quality or reliability in my opinion.

Looking at how the Pentagon OTF works and how the Hawk Deadlock works, I'm not certain that SOG is safely outside the scope of Hawk's patent...

Having seen the video how the SOG deploys, I have no doubt that it is a very secure lock up if not up to the Dead Lock level of zero play.

I'm not really big on the tight tolerances required for it to work, and I think, for now, I will stick with my Microtechs and deal with the blade play knowing that they are a tried and true design.

WValtakis WValtakis did a great take apart video to show us how it works. thank you for doing that and educating all of us on it. he also put it back together, and it works great, so he knows what he's doing. also figured out the blade play before he took it apart in another video. not sure where that ones posted? its an interesting design. the deadlock is better but costs a lot more.

we'll see if they keep making them or not. they still have to solve the edge hitting issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back