What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

I hated the tip of the knife in my YouTube, so today I reshaped it and am much happier with the outcome. Cut some brass and trying to figure out how to make the bolster.

20210908_155307_copy_1152x864.jpgFinished up the hidden pins for the scales in the guard prior to gluing.
I used stainless steel screws to allow better adhesion to the epoxy.
To hold the scales, four more of the same screw type pins go through the tang and are recessed into the scale on each side.
Now to let the epoxy dry.

Last edited:
Always jealous when I see your shop, dewar looks awesome.

Thanks, it has turned out pretty good given the space. I like it too :)
The dewar was a great addition, adding one more dimension to the HT. Now I only "need" to convert the furnace to 3-zone and I'm all done!

Finished up this EDC/Bird&Trout/paring knife. It's from 2 mm 14c28n at 61 Hrc. Ground with a bit of a taper on a 500 mm wheel. A little flexy, and very slicy.
FGCRwgu.jpg
8cFYjNz.jpg

Execution looks superb, congrats!
My eye keeps asking if a curve or two in the handle would be nice.
Thank you.
Possibly, I was going for the coffin handle look without the frame handle. I'm still considering whether to add a curve or two.
It actually feels pretty comfortable in the hand, indexes well ect.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Possibly, I was going for the coffin handle look without the frame handle. I'm still considering whether to add a curve or two.
It actually feels pretty comfortable in the hand, indexes well ect.
I wouldn't mess with this one now, but maybe explore some design ideas for future ones.

Here's a new Kephart style in 8670, my first shorter blade of 9 Kepharts. When I first started making these someone asked about a 4" version. My others are all 5" and this is 4 1/4"...9 1/4" OAL. Bubinga, crushed turquoise accents and blue G10 liners.
21-43 2.jpg21-43 3.jpg21-43 4.jpg

started on this little tool, been wanting one for awhile. It's made from a cutoff of next project I needed it for, so...handy!
vmakcWv.jpg

received some titanium today, gonna start drawing things up this afternoon!
5brSOrC.jpg

XCa1o3K.jpg

Back