Yep your infected, but don't worry about it. There are a few simple things you can do to help control the disease.
1. Buy a new knife every few months. That should help. Hopefully.
2. Help others with questions about knives. This isn't as good as getting a new knife, but helping someone find a knife they are looking for, or answering a question seems to help alittle.
3. Whatever ya do, don't go to any knife shows. I went to the Blade Show this year and have only made my condition worse. I'm up to a knife a month, and it seems to be getting worse.
4. Don't read any knife magazines. They hurt more then they help. I read all three. I just can't stop myself.
5. Visit the forums. They help. Its good to be with others with the same problems. This is a support group. We are here to help each other with our addiction.