What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

Also, a big one that I will keep behind the scenes for now, plus I asked Jarod to cut as many of those daggers as would fit around the commissions, and I ended up with a few extra. His software did a better job nesting them than I did.

That top one is one i want to watch closely (other than Mine)..... there was (2) of them if I remember correctly? haha

And that Big hidden one is going to be INSANE!

While the scales and liners were curing, for the seax,

IMG_4750.JPGIMG_4750.JPG

I took the time to start grinding the next couple blanks in line.

IMG_4753.JPG
IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4755.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG

And now that my toes have halfway warmed up again, it's time to move on to the next step of the handle build on the seax.

Once the liners and scales cured, I shaped the scales a little closer to final profile for temporary bonding with CA for the drill press. Then drilled the holes, prepped my pins, and assembled. Now the glue will cure while I now eat lunch and then go out for a water run. With any luck I might get this one mostly finished before the end of the day.

IMG_4759.JPG
IMG_4760.JPG
IMG_4761.JPG
IMG_4762.JPG
IMG_4764.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG

If you get ahead of yourself/schedule ........ Remember mine is Backwards. ;P

we need to talk about scales

Thanks, I think
haha...very much a compliment.....

it's just hard to realize what they will be sometimes before the scales.... color, shaping, texture, hardware all has an influence.

looks nice!

Thank you Crag, yes they do often look "ugly" when in their raw form.

David, you’re swords are getting better and better. I didn’t even know that was possible.

Well, I've made one so far, and this next one will hopefully render your prediction true!

Back