What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

Decided the handle was incorrect on the semi sumo jitsu and added scallops for the pinky and a little vertical ribbing for grip.

73596120973-F4-BB2-A71-3-BEF-4-D23-9-F73-12300-CEDF27-B.jpg

This model doesn’t exactly have a name though I was calling the blanks my ultralight neckers …. When they were in .06” and .09” stock. This quarter incher, on the other hand. Well I have no idea what this knife is for but I believe it has a destiny to fulfill in the hands of someone who will know just what to do with it. Where are you someone?
IMG-6732.jpg

Decided the handle was incorrect on the semi sumo jitsu and added scallops for the pinky and a little vertical ribbing for grip.

This is the wood that you talked me out of on my Prevail 😓 (Spalted Tamarind?)

Can you save some for me on my next knife rehandle? (The Kagitsume)

You're looking at what's left of it, aside from bits only big enough for inlays.

DocJekl DocJekl I have more stabilized wood coming. Interesting pieces I can do neat things with. Don't worry.

This is the wood that you talked me out of on my Prevail 😓 (Spalted Tamarind?)

Can you save some for me on my next knife rehandle? (The Kagitsume)

It looks like this wood WILL be on my next knife - this one!

And now my new box of materials has arrived, to reup the liners and pins, so it's time to get them over to the shop and see what knife begins.

Turning out to be a slow Picasso kinda day.

You are crazy prolific, or at least it seems that way :)

Here’s what happens. Okay. This is a left over off cut of Suretouch, shape determined by random necessity from cutting scales out for orders.

IMG-6769.jpg

But does anyone really think I’m going to leave this interesting Tanto unmade?

IMG-6770.jpg

No shop time today, as I was in receiving mode at the house, including some new materials for the shop. Had some organizing to do at home as well.

Finally got this drawn up in the CAD program. It is the Shranto, and I want one.

shranto.jpg

Back