What's in your H.E.S.T.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Apologies if this has already been done elsewhere. However...

I've seen a lot of fishing kit pics. What other things are people keeping in the scales?

I got a clip kit from ESEE recently, and it came with a nice compact magnesium/ferrocerium rod which I attached to my H.E.S.T. sheath. Today, I made up a couple of short fire straws (petroleum jelly cotton balls inside a drinking straw) and put them in the handle. I may be able to get a third in there. Between the fire rod and the PJCB's, I have the advantage of a pretty easy and durable burn, even in wet climes. What do you have in your H.E.S.T.?

P1010213.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on my mission and my current level of paranoia, I keep the following in it:

--lots of cash
--krugerrands
--Angelina Jolie's cell#
--AMEX Platinum #
--cyanide tab if the above things don't work out

I've never had any of that firemaking stuff. If I can remember to bring my HEST, I can remember to bring my solid gold S.T. Dupont lighter.

I wanted an ESEE condom for mine, but after calls to all my area pharmacies, it turns out Jeff was just bullshitting.

Mini Ferro Rod
5x hooks, 2x swivels, 2x sinkers, 1x Kastmaster, 1x Plastic Grub
50ft Power-Pro line wrapped around a toothpick
PJ Cotton ball (1 small wrapped in plastic wrap)

I wanted an ESEE condom for mine, but after calls to all my area pharmacies, it turns out Jeff was just bullshitting.

Condoms? Completely overrated. I was going to use a condom once and then I thought, "Hey, when I am ever going to be in Haiti again???"

Strike anywhere matches cut down and a small ferro rod wrapped in a plastic baggie.

Small firesteel and as much dryer lint I could jam in there.

Oh yeah, my Swiss bank account numbers too.

C4 would be an interesting candidate!

The DPx HEST - Its a Bottle opener, a spear, a prybar, and an IKB, (improvised knife bomb), lol.

Fire in the hole!

Last edited:
I just put about 6 meters of fishing line, a couple hooks, a sinker and some waterproof matches in mine. I'll see if a vaseline covered cotton ball in a small plastic bag fits next. Fire and food in a very small package.

Kevlar Thread
Sewing Needle
Steri-Strips
Bandaid
Dental Floss
Strike Anywhere Matches
$10 Bill (might bump to $20 now that I have a job :))

Sears Craftsman keychain screwdriver ground down to 1 flat head attached to sheath.

I have no camera so please overlook the lack of pics. I just discovered that a Firesteel.com mini,one of their strikers with the handle cut off and three Tinderquick tabs is a perfect fit.

Pretty darn handy in my opinion. This is about the most useful FB in it's size range that I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back