What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

xbq1V3sh.jpg

Old Master Tanto San Mai from the 1990's probably. I think I got this one shortly after they changed the pommel and fingerguard from brass to SS. I added the jimping to the back of the blade and put and appleseed grind on the edge that rivals my Rockstead Kom. Then I made the Kydex IWB sheath and it is good to go.
mt03.jpg

MT02.jpg

Attachments

• MasterTanto01.jpg
    MasterTanto01.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 4
Yesterday it was my Mini Recon, and at one point when I reached into my pocket to grab the knife, something felt odd. Somehow, all 4 screws on this side loosened up, with 2 really sticking out. No idea how this happened. Tightened them back up and we'll see what happens...if it happens again, will add some blue loctite.

View attachment 1982340

I shot me a pretty big size iguana today. I was going to skin him with my buck 119. But after I started thinking about it I decided to use my cold steel Espada large in G10. It did a really good job. I managed to not get gut inside of the workings though. It doesn't matter I could always take it apart and clean it but it did a fine job. And now it's time for beer and barbecue. The Espada never ceases to amaze me if I can only post a picture. Lord knows I've tried

Are you in south Florida?
I am and those damn iguanas are everywhere.
No I'm in Puerto Rico. But I was raised in South Florida . US 27 and Pines Boulevard . On the edge of the Everglades. Have you ever eaten them.? You know what they say it tastes like chicken everything always tastes like chicken. But they really ain't bad eating. They're hard as hell the skin though. And I make sure I cook them thoroughly because you can get salmonella. I think the reason why the Espada performed so well was due to the bigger belly on it compared to the buck 119. So now we have a self-defense knife? That Skin's better than a buck? I think I'm going to buy another cold steel Espada. Edit I will buy another cold steel Espada. It's the best of both worlds.

Back