What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

Shelter in place carry: Frontier Hawk
IMG-20200401-081036193.jpg

Nice! I could use one of those to bust up a shipping pallet received today. Presently toting a 4-Max Scout.

Nice! I could use one of those to bust up a shipping pallet received today. Presently toting a 4-Max Scout.
Kinda interesting walking around with a belt axe. I shortened the handle, and the hawk is light, but it definitely bumps into things. I need to find some reason to cut with it before the end of the day.

IMG-20200407-132016194.jpg

Carried my True Flight Thrower on my belt. Observations
  • In an civilized setting, this just gets in the way when sitting in cars, sofas because of the size of the knife
  • In an outdoor/survival setting, there are no comfy seats, and the loop is more secure than a clip for your main survival tool
  • The belt loop is a pain to set up/move. Every adjustment required taking my belt off. I much prefer a clip type setup, because I don't always wear a belt
  • Weight is not much of an issue, but this is probably a little big for EDC :cool:
  • Believe it or not, the hawk on my belt felt like a more natural setup!

Would you fellas be interested in a spear point Voyager? That seems like a glaring omission to me
I have clip point and spear point Recon 1 s and like them both. If asked to choose just one to keep, in a close decision, it would be the spear point.
I m more interested in a satin or stonewashed version of the American Lawman, which is what I m carrying today.

AD-10 again today. I only wish I could find a 4 max scout or a SR1 lite.... or a Rajah II. ;)
I keep reading so many good things about the AD 10 that I m tempted to get one. Then I pull out my Ultimate Hunter, and I m so happy with it, I m not sure what I d gain in getting the AD 10. The UH is a work horse, has xhp steel, and is very sturdy, although a couple of ounces lighter than the AD 10.

Back