What's your day job?

What I mean is, there is no public defenders office but registered attorneys have to take turn in being public defender (whether they like it or not).

It's for sure a heavy topic, I don't want to ruin this great thread with my rants. :)
I understand. I thought you were not sure if the US had public defenders. My bad.

Let's keep it light and breezy ;)

It's for sure a heavy topic, I don't want to ruin this great thread with my rants. :)
or mine... I almost want to start a conversation somewhere to actually go into this, and give one person's first hand experience, but I'm about to rant....šŸ˜°

Worked on process control systems in petrochemical facilities for a looooooong time. Retired and am now a kept man and trophy husband.
Oh MAN....... I spent a lot of finger-typing trying to clarify PID controllers on this forum .... when they work, and how they can go terribly wrong.

Want to take over that role???? :)

Retired since 2016, but have worked in construction (started as a cabinet maker, ended as a roof truss tech in design & production), aircraft interior & cabinetry, boat building, welding & a "few" other things...

2UycYFm.jpg

7tzs5wM.jpg

s6KK47m.jpg

Was a cabinet maker until about 10 years ago when I got injured (where my leg attaches to my body I tore ligaments or muscles and they didnt heal, 5 doctor's and 3 surgons say its nothing they can do. Muscle relaxers help but still in pain every day) and I can no longer lift anything heavy. about that same time my Mothers health got real bad including she lost her eyesight and instead of putting her in a rest home I have devoted the last 10 years to taking care of her, for the last 10 years with the exception of twice I got somebody to watch her for a week I only leave the house once a week to go to the gro store. A little bit ashamed I havnt made much money the last 10 years but real proud I was able to make her last years as comfortable as possible. She passed away recently and it feels like I am starting my next phase in life ... going to devote alot more time to making knives.

I was a cable tv lineman until I was 25 and decided I didn't want to be at the top of a pole in -30 C when I was 50. It didn't help that it was pretty well the same thing at every pole. I became a teacher, but wasn't really your normal teacher. Always was doing hands on stuff with the kids. Now I am the principal of the Maple Ridge Environmental School. Outside, hands on every day. My office a lawn chair in the forest. Most of my kids carry knives each day and work is a blast.IMG_1114.jpg

I am a medical device software engineer. After about 13 years of embedded systems development I switched to software quality which is much, much more pleasant.

Before that, I worked security gigs in bars, clubs, and restaurants in a couple towns in the US and in Europe.

My friends tell me I'm part nerd and part thug with an artistic side. I'm not really sure how to take that. šŸ¤£

Orthopedic surgeon - work with Titanium and knives all the time :)

Bill

I'll trade you a sword for some new knees. šŸ˜†

Side job is welding repair and fabrication. Don't let word get out that you can weld or it will become your side job, as so many people need welding repairs done.

Used to fish commercially in the NW in the summertime, about a 5 month season. Not large vessels Deadliest Catch style, more artisanal low-impact trolling, very selective on the catch. Working my way back into it as a small dory fisherman. Not many fishermen left.

Full time is sword making, which is a struggle and very much feast and famine.

I work for Sherwin Williams. I am a regional sales rep selling floor covering (carpet, plank, tile, etc.). Pretty stress free as the company only cares about paint. So as long as we are making money they leave us alone.

Used to fish commercially in the NW in the summertime, about a 5 month season. Not large vessels Deadliest Catch style, more artisanal low-impact trolling, very selective on the catch. Working my way back into it as a small dory fisherman. Not many fishermen left.

Gorgeous up there on and offshore, but yeah... some of those big Bearing Sea fish processing boat guys 'retired' to work on my first research ship 20+ years ago, and it was vacation to them vs. all-weather brutality and fish stink.

Back