Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

hey guys...i know this is not a concealed carry question....but, i am looking for a .22 trail gun. revolver. don't care if it is .22LR or WMR. don't really care about whether it is single vs. double action either. i am just looking for the one you want to rave about. i think i am leaning toward the Ruger Single-Six with the 4'5" barrel length(ish) and 10 round capacity. thoughts? suggestions?

and for those that are paying attention, i bet i asked about opinions on the Ruger Mark series versus the buckmark a while ago. i never did get one. now, i am thinking more along the revolver line. i just like 'em.

john, feel free to get this out of here and start a new thread, if you like.

Ruger makes great .22 long rifle guns in pretty much any package you put it in. I know that didn't really answer your question but in my area I tend to carry a large caliber as I am more worried about 2 legged predators rather than four. My step dad has a Ruger single and he loves his, says he's never had an issue with it.

I've had a blue 4 4/8" Single Six .22/.22 magnum for over 30 years, possibly the finest, most durable .22 ever made, IMHO. As to the Buckmark vs MK III, I've owned both, I much prefer the Ruger.

I've had a blue 4 4/8" Single Six .22/.22 magnum for over 30 years, possibly the finest, most durable .22 ever made, IMHO. As to the Buckmark vs MK III, I've owned both, I much prefer the Ruger.
Right on!

Went to the range only to find out they are closed for maintenance until Saturday. We will try again whenever Connie gets another day off.

Aw man!

Come on down to my house. Im in the middle of the woods on an 8 acre spread.

You can shoot till your hand cramps up!

Used to drive to my in laws, about 4 hours south of us, once a month for a weekend. 225 acres outside of a town with a population of 250. Used to love to wander in their woods and fish their lake, and shoot all we wanted.

Yeah, my grandpa owns around 700 acres. About 2/3 of it is leased for farming and the other 1/3 is a hunting club.

There are about 20 deer stands total this year. Some of them box stands for rifle hunting, some basket stands for bows and muzzleloader.

I took for granted growing up in the country when I was younger, but now it would take a whole lot to make me consider moving.

Being a little bit older now with three young boys, I push them outside every chance I get!

hey guys...i know this is not a concealed carry question....but, i am looking for a .22 trail gun. revolver. don't care if it is .22LR or WMR. don't really care about whether it is single vs. double action either. i am just looking for the one you want to rave about. i think i am leaning toward the Ruger Single-Six with the 4'5" barrel length(ish) and 10 round capacity. thoughts? suggestions?
This one : Smith & Wesson Model 18 K-22 Combat Masterpiece, my favorite handgun.
Check the used gun aisle at your favorite Gun Show!smith.jpg

ha. so the funny part is i just went out to gunbroker to take a look and "smith & wesson 18" was in my search history. those classic S&W revolvers are pricey. but, i really do like 'em. one day.

This is what I carry most days, too. Especially in warm weather, pocket carry. In cool weather sometimes I will move up to a CZ-75D PCR carried IWB on my hip. Neither one of mine is plastic.

I would hesitate to recommend the 442 to someone who never fired a small revolver, though. It has a little kick to it.

For the past few years I have mostly carried a 1911 Commander but around the first of the year I started carrying my 442. It's compact, light weight, reliable and rides well in my front pocket. I carry a couple of extra speed strips in my other pocket.

ha. so the funny part is i just went out to gunbroker to take a look and "smith & wesson 18" was in my search history. those classic S&W revolvers are pricey. but, i really do like 'em. one day.

I am glad I don't have to buy another one! Seems like VG used is about $800-$1100. You can buy the same revolver in .38 Special (Model 15), for $350-$450. I had one of those until a few years back, liked it a lot but traded it for a Model 64 and a 22 mag Contender Barrel. Now that you got me thinking about it, maybe I should get another instead of the 9-1/2" Single Six? It was nice having a "matched set". (Combat Masterpieces)

John! I challenge you to a MOUSE GUN, bullseye competition! you shoot the NAA, I'll shoot my .25 Astra Fire Cat!
1 round, 7 yards, twilight dark, weak hand, closest to bullseye wins.
Seriously ,how about we start some postal matches with the guys here in the forum.

John! I challenge you to a MOUSE GUN, bullseye competition! you shoot the NAA, I'll shoot my .25 Astra Fire Cat!
Seriously ,how about we start some postal matches with the guys here in the forum.

made me smile. great idea!

For even more fun I can shoot my Dad's old Beretta Jetfire .25 I inherited!

My only Mouse Gun is a Henry .22 and I can shoot dimes at 30 yards with that sucker.

I guess the .380 Kimber will suffice. I need some practice with the Micro.

Back