What's your favorite Hinderer blade shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMN

Hello All,
What's you favorite Hinderer blade shape and why?

Eric

Spearpoint. Basic, effective, traditional, no frills,

I'll get a spanto in the future.

Sheepsfoot would work, too.

Spearpoint and Wharcliffe but if only one it is spearpoint
AV9AWMv.jpg

Slicer all the way for me. I've tried the Spanto, Spearpoint, Wharncliffe, Bowie, Sheepsfoot, and the Slicer outperforms them all when it comes to...slicing. To be fair the Sheepsfoot competes pretty evenly with it, I'll admit.

But the slicer blade is also perfect for piercing, has all the strength a folding knife could need, and looks fantastic. After going through many, many Hinderers, its the only one I have left and I couldn't be happier.

I don’t really have a favorite, but I do know that I use my harpoon tantos more at home. I use that blade to pierce tin signs, bags of soil cement and feed, and the shape works well in lieu of a razor-task like cutting material like carpet or hoses into strips and stuff like that. But for an EDC I probably favor my slicer and spanto. That may be more because of how I’ve dressed them up than the blade itself. I dunno if that helps or not. Love Hinderers though

My favorite was the sheepsfoot until they just had to go and release the fullered spear. Had me hook, line, and sinker. Im a sucker for a fuller.:oops::D
esSuFtum.jpg

Well my favorite I’ve never had bc I’m not buying a $2k custom which would be the hellfire. This is my favorite Hinderer I’ve ever saw.
EE05304F-4E7D-4CF4-8B05-D45F1E3EC40A.jpeg
I’ve had just about all of them I like the Spanto and fullered spearpoint the most. Spanto is just cool and versatile. The fullered spearpoint is the thinnest behind the edge 3.5” Hinderer I’ve had I think it’s .020 the slicer is only thinner than the others at the tip plus I hate the way it looks the blade looks too narrow around the plunge grind for the scales or something like that can’t remember. To me it’s ugly looking.
4533E426-9539-45ED-944C-AC2B3AA299AA.jpeg

Slicer grind, out of all the different grinds the Slicer works best for my day to day usage.

Slicer and sheepsfoot. Have tried them all and while I have no Hinderers anymore those I find are aesthetically where I am drawn.

Definitely The slicer followed by the sheepfoot, mind you mine are all are Skinny profiles now though. The slicer pierces and slices very well and then the sheepsfoot has that nice broad belly for most cutting tasks including food prep. Both are the thinnest blade of the hinderers I've tried. I wish they would make a skinny bowie.... that would be perfect.

T8aM4WUh.jpg

bowie, slicer, spear, wharnie, and spanto all look great to me.

Skinner is the uglist to me.

Not a lot of people are fan of tantos. But my favorite shape would be Fatty Harpoon Tanto. Almost a unique nice shape to it

Slicer grind. Never had a skinny but it seems like a good idea.

Only one I have is a wharncliffe. Really like it, but lots of others look useful too. Especially the regular (non skinny) sheepsfoot.

Thanks for all the replies. I have a fuller spear point coming from DLT cant wait. Also ordered so.e hardware and scale to dress her up. Guess the best I can tell they rotate blade shapes. Really like the look of the Bowie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back