What's your favorite Horton Knives Steel.

Which is your favourite Horton Knives steel.

• D2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S7

• 3V

• O-1

• Other

• Total voters
So guys, what is your favorite Horton Knives Steel.
Say why!

And if you chose "Other" please let us know which steel you are talking about.

From the list I choose D2 for smaller knives, but I choose A2 for the big choppers ;)

I voted 3V mainly cause it is my favorite knife steel but I do not own one from him in it yet.....

Chad Nichols Damascus - Because that is the only Horton I have yet. I am dreaming of a etched/tumbled finish Plan B with carbon fiber scales in D2.

My 2 Hortons are A2. Though I do like D2 and S30V very much as well. Used A2 alot back in the day for various machining fixtures. I'm excited about 154CM

Other would include. A2. CPM 154CM. CPM M2. 5160. 440C. CPM 10V. 154 CM. Hitachi ATS-34. Chad Nichols Damascus. Uh. I think that's all.

Most of my Hortons are A2, and I really can't wait for the 154CM one. This has been my favourite steel on other knives, so it's sure that Jeremy's knife made out of this steel will be pure badazzery!

ETA: Oh. I forgot. The amount of my A2 Neckers equals to the number of my CPM 3V Neckers. But I like the A2 more, somehow... It's just the feeling, I don't recognize it in performance... I'm too easy on them.

I like them all as well but one has to like one more than the others right.
If you'll be making knives from only one steel......that would be boring

Sorry I did not include the other steels, I dont know them all....but now that you mention it a big chopper in 10V could be nice...the ultimate Horton Chopper...;)

Back