What's Your Favorite Marbles Knife?

The discussion in another thread prompted me to take a look at the Marbles website, and the Bowie Corporation's, and I wonder what Marbles knife you guys like best?

I use my Fieldcraft more than any fixed blade I have, but I like my other Marbles blades as well. The A.G.Russell Handy Hunter is a nice blade, and though discontinued, the Northwoods Big Game Skinner is a nice large fixed blade.

And of course, I can't forget my vintage Ideal...

So tell me, what are your favorite Marbles Knives?

I think this year, I'd like to get one of the Capers in jigged bone, and one of the big 10 inch Trailmakers.

I'm also a Fieldcraft man. The knife is the perfect size for easy carry, and performs most of my outdoor cutting jobs without a problem. I also much prefer the Fieldcraft's pouch sheath over the larger Marbles sheaths.

I have to admit though, that my preference may change this year. The Sport 2001 is gorgeous!!! Does anybody know which kind of sheath comes with the Sport 2001?

My hands down favorite has to be the very limited mini-Trailmaker. Have a lead on a bone stag, should know next week :D I also like the Plainsman and the Northwoods Big Game Skinner.

Fieldcraft with stacked leather handle and the pouch sheath. The Campcraft is a close second.

I have two Marbles knives, and they are both the canoe model. That makes it my favorite! One was refurbished with stag handles by Jason Stewart while he was still at the Marbles factory. The other one is just as I found it, with the leather stacked handle. It stays right here on the computer desk at all times so I can fondle the edge while pages load on my dial up connection.

Bill (knzn=kansan)

I had a Game Getter Sport 2000 for a while. I sure like it -- and a STEAL at $60!

Gave it to my dad.

Mike

No contest at this point in time ... the Mini-Expert Stag Carver! It is so sweet, I had to give it to my 12 year old son, "Trapper". (His nickname.) I just ordered 2 more Mini-Experts, but with the Game Getter cocobolo handles. (One of 'em's mine!) These all have the thinner 5/32" blade, 3 7/8" long. These are GREAT little knives, imo.

My stacked leather handled Plainsman is also new, and I like it a lot. It has the longer, Scagel-style stainless guard, too. Very comfortable, stout, a natural "pointer", and great for pokin' holes in stuff!

I've been waiting on a #64 Sportsman with stag handle and slim 4" trailing point blade. I'm in a bit of a panic shopping mode, what with the recent unfortunate turn of events at Marble's, so ........

I also just ordered a stag handled Campcraft, a stag handled 99 Sport, and another 99 Sport with a black micarta handle. I seem to have skipped over the Fieldcraft, but that's another one I'd like to try. Not today, though ... I'm risking an atomic wedgie as it is! :eek:

Has anyone handled one of the new Capers? The one with the jigged bone scales looks really sweet.

The Bowie Corporation still has a good selection of Old Production Marbles left, if anyone is looking for some.

I like the Woodcraft the best, and the Ideal comes in second. The curly maple, and stag looks great.

I have a red bone mini-caper. The dye ran for quite a long time but it eventuallly stopped, otherwise it is one of my favorite knives.

Ben

That's easy, the Marbles Bison. Classic blade design and mine has a cocobolo wood handle.

...good, cuz I'm knife rich but cash poor...

I always do like a good trade tho'... ;)

Rattler, if I ever decide to let that Deerslayer go, you will be the man. And I'm keeping my eyes open for you anyway.:)

Back