What's your favorite multi tool?

Have both a Wave and a Charge TTi. The Wave is amazing. The TTi is worth the extra spend for the blade steel and build quality.

Deep carry pocket clips on both.

Victorinox Swisstool and/or Swisstool Spirit. Excellent fit, finish, durability and choice of tools. Great all-around tool!

full
Another vote for the Swisstool.
I've had mine going on 20 years and according to Multitool Wiki it is the 1998 model so my memory is correct for a change...
It replaced the Gerber MP?... model that I broke the can opener on the first use. Those things are the most hand and finger pinchingest pliers I've ever used. Don't slip!
Pretty sure I got this one in 1994.
The Gerber still exists in the glove box but the Swisstool is never far from reach.

Another vote for the Swisstool. I carry a Swisstool CS plus on my belt every day. The tool selection just fits my work needs better than anything else I've found so far and the quality, fit and finish is excellent.

Last edited:
Roman multi-tool, dated 200–300 CE, in the collection of the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, England: knife blade, fork, spoon, spatula, pick & spike, made of iron and silver.

roman-multitool.jpeg

I like old tools.
This is has been reproduced for purchase.

In the meantime, I'm using the SOG Paratool and a Mosin Nagant sight tool for prying. And occasionally an SAK Trekker/German Army Knife.

Zieg

Last edited:
Roman multi-tool, dated 200–300 CE, in the collection of the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, England: knife blade, fork, spoon, spatula, pick & spike, made of iron and silver.

roman-multitool.jpeg

I like old tools.

That's a wicked looking googly.

Imo the rectangular format was the best because it's less bulky when closed and when open is not too wide to hold onto.
The Leatherman fuse took this a step further by adding the frn inserts and finger grooves. It also has the locking tools, and a great basic toolset. I like the size of the needle-nose pliers head and general configuration of them.

It's a pair of pliers with some basic tools attached to it including a knife blade that's there if I really need it, not the other way around . I have nothing wrong with having to open it to get to the other tools ,especially since I mostly mostly carry it for the pliers.

If this tool ever needs to be retired though ( not sure it'll ever happen ) I'll probably look for a blast because it's just a big brother to my fuse, everything this is but with a few extra tools like a file and I believe saw without adding much extra bulk. I believe it'll still even fit in the leather sheath mine came with.
Btw that's another thing I love about my fuse , the fact that it came with a nice durable and extremely simple leather sheath.

Back