What's your favorite thumb plate opening CS folder?

I have a Talwar and Talwar XL and mini-AK47.
I did not get them because of the thumb plate, but I was amazed at how well it worked for wave opening. Better than any of my Emersons! My waved spydies wave better than the Emerson's too, but those wave hooks stick out more and the CS thumb plate is less prone to accidently snagging on stuff and opening.

I was thinking about a regular size AK47 folder, and one of these days I'll pick up a Tiger Claw.
What about you? Do you like the thumb plate opener and do you use it for wave opening?
Would you want to see this type of opening mechanism on other models (cough Recon cough)?:thumbup:

CAM05005_zps4fsdjgx1.jpg

Espada. Large size, that is.

CAM05008_zpslwr3ydxh.jpg

Waves as nice as the Talwar (that is, 100% of the times I tried, second favorite, and works better than the AK47 Plate which has given me problems on occasion)

CAM05016_zps26kfdli5.jpg

CAM05004_zpsd8vxlqms.jpg

I would also like to see the thumb plaate added to models like Voyagers and Recons, but on the Hold Out I the most!

20160225_170919_zpswluptprd.jpg

This one. I was amazed that it worked so well, even after i cranked my pivot screw all the way down to the point that it's hard to open with finger. I can get it to wave open every time. I think it's due to the dip on the blade before the thumbplate.

BTW, i found that there are 2 types of thumbplates on CS folders, the one on the Rajah/AK-47 and the one on the newer models like the Black Talon which broaden towards the tip. The newer one works much better and it's easier to open with thumb.

14240881_1399392000089853_1751397963_n.jpg

I keep seeing the Rajah's with black blades. Is it a DLC and BD1 combo ?

I'm a big fan of the thumb plate.

It's good for thumb opening.
It waves.
It's not as obtrusive as studs when sharpening.
It's good for supporting your thumb when you push on the blade.

For some designs I would rather not worry about wave performance and just have it set flush in the spine of the blade, but the current implementations that I've handled are very good.

For example, I think the Hold Out series would be improved with a flush-mounted thumb plate.

I keep seeing the Rajah's with black blades. Is it a DLC and BD1 combo ?

I wish it was, that'd be awesome.
But no, it's just a limited edition, Teflon coated AUS8 Rajah II. They were made in a relatively low number some years ago

CAM05069_zpszkvtwwbd.jpg

I like them better than the normal bead blast ones.

CAM05072_zpsnpvjn0za.jpg

And CTS-BD1 is not an incredible step up over the good old AUS8 so the "lesser" steel is more than enough justification for me to ignore other things from newer Rajahs

Back