1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Codger_64, Mar 2, 2018.

1. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Nice knife, but my wife thinks the logo on the handle would fit me pretty well.

2. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    …….agreed,..Cal,..those ducks with big flapping wings do...…...lmao...Hoo Roo

3. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Got another 8OT Stockman ,cleaning it up and I sharpen up this weekend!

315 likes this.
  4. FatCity67

FatCity67

Sep 22, 2013
    Ha been reading that over for several days before I saw the pics on the other page. Got it.

5. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    8OT Stockman

[​IMG]

Grateful likes this.
  6. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    FE191723-A5D6-4797-9A91-5ECD02BD40FE.jpeg This is my newest Schrade (Seller’s Pic), an LB7. I’m getting a sheath for it, and then I’ll probably carry it to work for awhile. Hopefully my Buck 112 doesn’t get jealous! -Lance

redsparrow, Codger_64 and Grateful like this.
  7. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Got this off the bay last week. Any idea of the age?

[​IMG]

koldgold and Grateful like this.
  8. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    image.jpeg

dc50 and koldgold like this.
  9. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Already posted these in the Traditional threads but picked up a couple of Parker Frost Bison knives made by Schrade.

[​IMG]

dc50, The Fort and Grateful like this.
  10. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I snagged a late '50s 896K in butter & molasses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Bad scan of mine. It has the OVB (our very best) etch; for Shapleigh Hardware? Minty, with really luminous celluloid covers. 896K OVB001.jpg

12. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Picked up a few recently...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    I picked up a pretty nice Schrade Walden 881 recently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, a very pretty 897UH.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redsparrow, delmas2nd, 315 and 2 others like this.
  14. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Lots of great warm fuzzies here. I especially warm to the 881s, both the yellow one and the 'jigged'. Both have the match strike and nice swedges. Much nicer in my opinion to the late manufacture 8 OTs and their kin. Thanks for showing them.

15. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    This is not a new acquisition, but since a couple of 881s have posted, I thought I would show this one with Keen Kutter markings. By the way, the matchstrike pulls were NOT the earliest renditions of these knives. I love the lemon yellow celluloid on this knife. KK 3.jpg KK 4.jpg

16. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    My latest Schrade is a piece of ephemera I can't recall seeing before. It's a big 8 x 10 SC92-MS02 "Harry Gant - Skoal Bandit Racing - Schrade Old Timer Driver" 2-sided card that I'm thinking might have originally been a piece of bling that came with a fancier Schrade/Gant knife or not . If anyone knows any details about when these were distributed I would be pleased to hear the story. Note the 1992 date on the card.

While I knew of the association between UST and Schrade I hadn't seen Gant dubbed a "Schrade Old Timer Driver" before. There you go. It's official.

I have a HG7LTD which was 1992 production.

"HG7LTD - Harry Gant LB-7 pattern, Special gold filled etch, LTD. tangstamp, brass bolsters, antiqued coined N/S shield, Oak box with glazed tile lid, Ship 9/15/92 - 200 pcs."

I'm guessing it came with these perhaps?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

315 and koldgold like this.
  17. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    This one is the Bandit's last run...
    The MAC tools knife is also a Bandit 33 knife.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    315 likes this.
  18. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    "Handsome" Harry Gant . . . a gool ol' boy if ever there was one. To win 5 races in a season when Dale Earnhardt Sr. was in his prime was quite an accomplishment.

19. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    [​IMG]

315 likes this.
  20. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    I like the 881s, and all the Schrade 4" knives.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

315 likes this.