What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
too true i was only talking pattern. i am quite sure neither he nor i could afford to do all the variations.

Wow! beautiful stag on that one Cal! You guys are certainly snagging some nice Williams goodies!

Eric

very nice lines on the IXL mate , i bet she's a real handful , wish it were in my collection :thumbup:

Well she's no Cherry thats for sure as far as condtion goes but perfect example for my collection and for under $10 bucks. The neat thing is it works perfectly! From the reasearch Ive done its prob from late 1800's to 1920's ???? Im sure the experts can fill in the blanks or correct me if Im wrong. Either way its a " Pressbutton Knife Co." Us pat. 470,605. Walden N.Y. From what Ive seen most of these or some of them had swing guards, Obviously mine doesent. but I cannot see a hole where it broke off maybe its just blended really well but sure doesent look like it had one? Sorry for the terrible photos I was able to scan it and get a good pic but cant get it to photobucket?????

pressbutton1.jpg

pressbutton2.jpg

Nice going on the IXL giant stockman Cal! I was able to get hold of one myself a while back and It's one of my fave Herman Williams.

Some nice looking old bone on the Switchblade above.

Russell

...........that sounds finger lickin' good to me Cal................you little wordsmith you.......is that why Wyoming is the least populus of the 50 States??...Lol..far too much CFing?......Hoo Roo

Last edited:
Here is my latest addition to the family.
I have seen a picture of a set of these 5 or 6 as I remember. Haven't seen one in person before. It has been used probably for a paper cutter :) and was very dull when it arrived. A couple passes at a honing stone and its shave sharp again. I'll put it to the leather strap to bring it all the way back.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 34
  • stamp.jpg
    stamp.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 367
Larry, VERY NICE! I was watching that one myself and wound up missing the bid, glad you got it! I'd never seen one myself before that one came up.

Eric

Here is my latest addition to the family.
I have seen a picture of a set of these 5 or 6 as I remember. Haven't seen one in person before. It has been used probably for a paper cutter :) and was very dull when it arrived. A couple passes at a honing stone and its shave sharp again. I'll put it to the leather strap to bring it all the way back.

That's very cool Larry! Don't see much in the way of scalpels in ISC land. These days it's all disposable blades as well so the oldies definitely speak to a bygone era.

Do you have any idea as to date produced?

My latest was too good for me to pass up even though I already had one. Now I have two 1986 Gold Statue of Liberty Commemorative knives. :thumbup: Great pattern, jigged bone, jimping, sterling silver bolsters and gold plated etch on mirror polished blade. MSRP in 1986 was $500.00. I have no idea why these are selling so low but they seem to be in low demand. I think they are awesome! Only 500 made so kinda rare too.

It surprises me what a LB4 or other low production delrin handled knives can go for at auction compared with these. Who knows, maybe I'll own a hundred of these babies before I'm done. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261097033546?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:
Post a picture that Statue of Liberty when it comes in Dave. After a few weeks, that Ebay link will go 404 on us. These commemorative knives do not bring a high price. I got one of the lesser version is a display box a couple years ago for about 30 bucks. They all have gorgeous bone handles, not to mention a great pattern.

Post a picture that Statue of Liberty when it comes in Dave. After a few weeks, that Ebay link will go 404 on us. These commemorative knives do not bring a high price. I got one of the lesser version is a display box a couple years ago for about 30 bucks. They all have gorgeous bone handles, not to mention a great pattern.

Sure Hal. I started a new thread for these here with the listings details saved for posterity: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/992922-1986-Gold-Statue-of-Liberty-commemorative-knives?p=11298179#post11298179

I figured the large numbers of the nickel-silver version available kept the price down but why the gold ones are worth squat right now is beyond me :confused:

404 is the error the you will get when a page on the internet cant be found any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back