What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a nice little 834UH.

2306b655-3cc8-453b-a150-251788b0e41e_zpsgzhax5vz.jpg~original

Nice Schrades all.
Hunter's Pride. Blade was unused, sheath great, but stacked leather needed some work.
I'm a sucker for these "Bowie Hunter" Types.
9RVi7Vi.jpg

VMTfZd0.jpg

rw9vNkO.jpg

I recently added a Heritage yellow h012 yellow peanut, Heritage Muskrat red in the box, Heritage red trapper and Heritage red 8ot pattern to my collection. Not sure if I already posted this one but I acquired a pristine H15 with correct sheath. Also have a UH5 coming and a Craftsman lockback I believe Imperial made with the Uncle Henry staglon scales. How rare is the Uncle Henry 5?

Hi Winchester,
"How rare is the Uncle Henry 5?"
Just after the Schrade factory closed down, I found 12 of the UH5's.
You do not see them about too often, the UH55 is another one that is out there... Ken.
medium

The Blue Bone, special order knife is the rare one.
medium

Last edited:
Reactions: 315
Thanks for the reply Koldgold. Not much activity on the forum lately. In another post I asked about an H070 I got a few months back. It came ith the proper Heritage series box. The knife is excellent with the maroon scales but no medallion or everlasting sharp etch on the blade. I'm glad about no blade etch as I plan one using it some(lightly). Did they do some without the medallion or do you think it was put together from parts. No one answered. I figured Codger would come in on that one. I have my doubts about it being put together from parts but if it was someone did an excellent job. It also came very sharp. Forgot to mention I also got a Herman Williams trapper with samba stag scales.

Last edited:
Winchester,
"Not much activity on the forum lately" This was a good forum, it look to have died out.
The HO70 was a Heritage edition LB7, and the series was begun in the early eighties.
Most of the Heritage knives I have seen, had a Schrade shield with the year date on it.

What a shame on lack of forum activity. In fact there seems to be more Schrade activity in the Traditionals forum under the post elusive Schrades. Don't even see Codger here much anymore. Hope interest picks back up.

Last edited:
Winchester, the etch and shield were usually the last work done on the knives, so what you have might be an unfinished knife, likely one of many, that was put away till the next run was done, or for warranty purposes.

Eric

That 8OT looks to be a late 1971-73 Walden Knife, [not stamp on pile side of blade.]
It looks like there is still very good used 8OTs to be found. Ken.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
The 8OT just posted does not have a Walden stamp. It was manufactured after the summer of 1973 and perhaps a few years later.

Very impressive Bawana, I've never seen one with the colored blade before. Really unique scrim image too!

Eric

The 8OT just posted does not have a Walden stamp. It was manufactured after the summer of 1973 and perhaps a few years later.

In 1973 Schrade started to use the Schrade N.Y. stamp,[as the knife shown] I believe the Walden blades were still being used in early 1973,[as the 8OT shown] I believe Schrade also started to manufacture 8OTs without the match-strike in late 1973. Therefor I believe the knife shown was manufactured in 1973.
I would like to know where the blades, with the match-strike were made.
Camillus made some 8OT blades in 1986 for Schrade.
I welcome any constructive information on Schaade's 8OT knives, 1961-2004.

Last edited:
I found this little "J.R." (USA) 807UH at a local knife shop a couple of weeks ago and just had to have it. I have a couple other Schrade stockmans but really didn't know much about the brand. This one really got me interested in learning more. I spent several pleasant hours cleaning it up and sharpening it, then researching and reading about the company and the models I own (this one , a 505SC from 1989, and an 885UH from sometime in the 90s).

35587665101_310e4b637e_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back